  1. I don't disagree with wanting to help. I just don't agree with the method.
    I'm not saying don't share. I'm saying don't spam. And yes technically
    posting a message like this is spam.

    The Rev [MCT], Oct 3, 2005

  2. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    Honestly I never thought of posting to a newsgroup as SPAM. I always
    associated SPAM with newsgroups when the addresses are mined and then mass
    emails were sent out using those mined addresses. Sorry that this means of
    helping people offends you. I just sent an email to Prometric to see if this
    would be something that disagree with, if so I will stop sending codes to
    those that request them. Thanks again for your concern.

    Trainer, Oct 3, 2005

  3. Trainer

    Frisbee® Guest

    While your intentions are good, posting things like this on USENET is indeed
    SPAM. Even though you are offering free discounts, it is still SPAM. More
    than likely Ben Smith will erase this entire thread, at least on the
    Microsoft servers.

    At first, I honestly thought you were an evil spammer, but I can see that
    you did not have bad intentions, so there are no hard feelings, at least not
    from me.

    Frisbee®, Oct 3, 2005
  4. That must be why you used your name then? I wont post stuff like that under
    the guise of "The Rev." although you wouldn't find it hard to figure out who
    I am. since rev is the name I use everywhere including the MCT private site.
    Posting as "Trainer" with a freebie offer, no matter how legitimate is SPAM,
    period. Beyond anything that, you've actually setup a gMail account for the
    purpose of distrobution of said codes, also SPAM. So now you've broken to
    Terms of use, Google's and Prometrics.

    Look I'm not trying to stop you form helping yourself or others, but you
    have no history of posting here then out of the blue you decide you wanna
    free MP3 player. I think it's just all very lame.

    The Rev [MCT], Oct 3, 2005
  5. Trainer

    T-Bone Guest

    Unless you want us to think you are trying to collect email addresses for
    more spam or spamming the newsgroups because you are trying to derive some
    benefit for yourself, I'd suggest that you be a little less anonymous and
    stop multi-posting.

    T-Bone, Oct 3, 2005
  6. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    oh, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there sparky. I will let Rev and
    you duke out the why's a wherefores of the prometric deal, but I take
    umberance to your statement above.

    Neil, Oct 3, 2005
  7. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    it is. You should consider placing it on a web/blog site instead.

    Neil, Oct 3, 2005
  8. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    I could care less about an MP3 player for a couple of reasons, one I don't
    listen to music very much and second if I really wanted an MP3 player I'd go
    buy one. As an MCT I'm sure you make the same six figure income that I do.
    My entire intentions were to just help people on their path to Microsoft
    certification. All my students were very grateful for the 20% discount and a
    few people here have asked for discount codes. I did not want to be over run
    with emails to my private email so yes I created an alias at gmail so only
    relevant emails would be sent to it. WOW, it's amazing how something that
    should be a benefit, upsets people. Like I said if Prometric emails me back
    I will stop giving out discount codes. But I will respect your statement
    that this can be considered SPAM so I will not create new posts on
    newsgroups about the discount. Thanks again for all your input.

    Trainer, Oct 3, 2005
  9. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion T-Bone.

    Trainer, Oct 3, 2005
  10. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    Maybe I misunderstood you, you feel MCTs shouldn't help people that are
    trying to achieve Microsoft certifications, any way they can?

    Trainer, Oct 3, 2005
  11. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    Thanks, I'm usually so busy I don't have time to frequent newsgroups, but an
    opportunity to help people trying to achieve Microsoft certifications save
    money, was to good to keep quite about. I don't mine for emails and I don't
    save the addresses of those that respond to the gmail account, I'm too busy
    to waste my time on that useless tactic. Thanks for understanding. Have a
    great day.

    Trainer, Oct 3, 2005
  12. Trainer

    kpg Guest

    The stupidity that I did was to forget to add .co

    That's good munging, Pawpaw.

    kpg, Oct 3, 2005
  13. Trainer

    Wayne Guest

    I've stayed out of this thread so far, but I'm with Neil.
    I disagree with what you're suggesting, we're here to help students who sit
    our courses *learn and understand* how MS Products work. Even though the new
    courses teach "how" and not "why" MS works the way it does, I always go
    deeper. I want students to feel confident because they *understand* the
    technologies, passing exams *must* be secondary to that. I post on here to
    help genuine examinees prepare for tests.
    I feel you are going against the spirit of the offer

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver
    ..

    Wayne, Oct 4, 2005
  14. Trainer

    catwalker63 Guest

    To be clear -- these MCT's want people to pass the exams the right way,
    not "any way they can". The right way is knowing the product.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    catwalker63, Oct 4, 2005
  15. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    I agree 100%. My point is that if someone is going to take a Microsoft exam
    then I feel if an opportunity is available that they can save 20% doing it
    then everyone should know about it. This is a discount for the exam, it's
    not a braindump or some scam to try and have everyone certified. If you're
    going to take the exam then 20% off is a big help for some people.

    Trainer, Oct 4, 2005
  16. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    *ding, ding, ding*
    give the man a bundy

    I have heard of trainers giving out braindumps and those ones should be
    burned at the stake...

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005
  17. Trainer

    Neil Guest

    so just post the code. why the e-mail? People have asked previosly for a
    code and I have posted it, but I have not proactively posted it and
    required someone to send me an e-mail...

    Neil, Oct 4, 2005
  18. Trainer

    Frisbee® Guest

    Apparently each code is unique, I have no idea why. Trainer e-mailed me a
    list of ten codes, all different. Perhaps it's so it can be tracked for
    whatever prize he's up for, I don't know.

    Let's cut the guy some slack. He says he's not promoting [email protected], and he
    honestly didn't realize he was spamming, but he's given into the pressure
    and has backed off without being rude.

    Frisbee®, Oct 4, 2005
  19. Trainer

    Trainer Guest

    If Prometric would use universal codes, one code for multi use, then I would
    list the code. Prometric is using a one code one exam method so if I listed
    a bunch of codes it's very possible that the code you would use wouldn't
    work because someone has already used it. I am happy that many people don't
    have the reservation of being worried about being put on a spam list. I
    guarantee that I don't save emails but that means nothing to a lot of
    people.

    Trainer, Oct 4, 2005
  20. Trainer

    Trainer Guest