    Is this likely to cause any problems, bearing in mind that it appears
    frowned upon to mix 2 wire and 3 wire hardware? There are only 2 wires
    connected into the 2 wire socket.

    SchoolTech, Feb 26, 2005

  2. SchoolTech

    colinco Guest

    I've just checked the phone wiring at home and discovered I have an old
    3 wire master socket as the first socket and a 2 wire socket as the
    second socket.

    Is this likely to cause any problems, bearing in mind that it appears
    frowned upon to mix 2 wire and 3 wire hardware? There are only 2 wires
    connected into the 2 wire socket.
    [/QUOTE]
    As there are only 2 wires leaving the 3 wire master it should be OK. The
    older jacks were prone to corrosion leading to "one ring cut off"
    faults. If you get this happening you'll probably have to replace the 3-
    w master.

    colinco, Feb 26, 2005