    PCs...

    Good luck,
    Martin

    Martin 53N 1W, Jan 28, 2005

  2. Ivor Jones

    Chris Blunt Guest

    The only way I could ever get my Sipgate connection to work was by
    setting the router DMZ to the address of the ATA-486. I'd tried
    everything before that, including opening all the ports as recommended
    by Sipgate, but the best I could get was the same as you, audio in one
    direction only.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, Jan 29, 2005

  3. Ivor Jones

    Yaser Doleh Guest

    You need to disable the DMZ setting on the router and setup port
    forwarding. You forward ports 5004 and 5060 to one IP and ports 5005 and
    5061 to the other IP.

    Yaser

    Yaser Doleh, Jan 29, 2005
  4. Ivor Jones

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Did you get a reply from Sipgate? I do not think they
    allow/permit/support what you are trying to do!

    Rick Merrill, Jan 29, 2005
  5. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    If I disable DMZ neither of them work, including the one that works with
    its IP address set in the DMZ.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 29, 2005
  6. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Exactly, so how do I get *two* ATA-486's working..? I can only set one IP
    in the DMZ..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 29, 2005
  7. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Read my earlier posts. I spent half an hour on the phone with the guy from
    Sipgate who said it should work, but no way anything we tried worked.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 29, 2005
  8. Ivor Jones

    Yaser Doleh Guest

    Did you try it ? After you disable the DMZ you need to setup port
    forwarding.

    Email me directly and I will try to help you.

    Yaser

    Yaser Doleh, Jan 29, 2005
  9. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Yes I *have* tried it, and several other combinations and nothing works. I
    already have port forwarding enabled in addition to the DMZ and only with
    both does the single ATA-486 work. Disable either and it does not. Add the
    second ATA and it doesn't.

    I'm on the point of giving up now..!

    Ivor

    PS could you bottom post please, many thanks.

    Ivor Jones, Jan 29, 2005

  10. There must be something about your modem-router that you're missing.

    You know about IPs, redirects and port forwarding. Now check that each
    ATA works individually for their respective IPs and ports as you expect.
    Then try setting up for both simultaneously.

    Check the modem-router manual/datasheets.

    I'm guessing that you have:

    ISP

    Modem-Router-(Firewall)

    LAN Switch or Hub --> ATA #2

    ATA #1

    Yes?

    Good luck,
    Martin

    Martin 53N 1W, Jan 29, 2005
  11. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Martin 53N 1W wrote:

    [snip]
    Precisely. ATA #1 works fine on its own, with both port forwarding set and
    the DMZ set to its IP. Add the 2nd ATA and it all goes pear-shaped..!
    The 2nd ATA works fine on its own, as does the first, it just won't work
    with both together.

    I think a 2-port device such as one of the Sipura range might be the
    answer, would you agree..? Has anyone got one of these working with 2
    Sipgate numbers behind a DM602 router..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 29, 2005
  12. Ivor Jones wrote:
    [...]
    Now, why should 2x 2-port ATAs work any better with what you're trying?

    The problem is with your modem-router not doing NAT/forwarding properly
    or otherwise with your settings for it.

    You would get similar problems if those ports were on two PCs on your
    internal LAN for example.

    Look and check further.

    Good luck,
    Martin

    Martin 53N 1W, Jan 29, 2005
  13. Ivor Jones

    Yaser Doleh Guest

    Because a single ATA with 2 ports will have a single IP. He can setup
    the DMZ host to that IP. This will forward all unknown packets to that IP.

    Yaser Doleh, Jan 29, 2005
  14. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    No, I meant *one* 2-port device which will (hopefully) allow the two phone
    numbers to present to the router with a single IP address.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 29, 2005
  15. Ivor Jones

    Roger Guest

    Read my earlier posts. I spent half an hour on the phone with the guy from
    Ivor
    you may have already answered this but is there a way to turn on UPNP on
    your router? With UPNP I dont think you should need to forward any ports or
    put the ATA in the DMZ (both of which you can only do to a single IP
    address).

    I have a SPA-2000 behind a USR9106 router with UPNP enabled and dont have to
    forward any ports. I've got two numbers from 2 different providers on the
    SPA.

    Roger, Jan 29, 2005
  16. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    The router does not have any settings for UPNP so it looks as though
    that's a non-starter.

    Thanks for the thought though.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 29, 2005
  17. Ivor Jones

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Each phone has to have it's own IP. Please correct me if you know otherwise.

    Rick Merrill, Jan 30, 2005
  18. Ivor Jones

    Yaser Doleh Guest

    The device he is talking about is a single device with 2 analog ports.
    You can connect 2 regular analog phones to it. Each port is mapped to a
    sip account. The device software manges the 2 lines.

    Yaser Doleh, Jan 30, 2005
  19. Ivor Jones

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Surely, but I thought he was talking about two TA.

    Rick Merrill, Jan 30, 2005
  20. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    That's what I've been *trying* to get working, unsuccessfully. So I'm
    thinking of a single 2-port device, can anyone recommend one that will
    work with 2 accounts from Sipgate..? They use the same SIP and STUN
    servers but require separate login and password details.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 30, 2005