    the 20 gateway and the other the 12. I can change the internal ip's for
    the gateway, no problem. I just need a way to configure one as a
    backup. Any one have any idea or is there something I can lookup???

    introuble, Jun 29, 2005

  2. :I have a situation on my new job... I have 2 gateways installed on 2
    :servers and I need to find a way to use one as a backup.

    Vincent C. Jones, "High Availability Networking using Cisco routers".

    See also his web site for an introduction to the topic.

    Walter Roberson, Jun 29, 2005

  3. introuble

    Anthony Guest

    You could setup HSRP on the routers and make the router with the T1
    HSRP active. You could then further setup preemtion and interface
    tracking so when the T1 becomes unavailable the the DSL router would
    move from Standby to Active and take over. For more information about
    this see:

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/ics/cs009.htm

    Anthony

    Anthony, Jun 30, 2005
  5. introuble

    introuble Guest

    I really don't have access to the router, I have access to the
    firewall, which is a watchguard. Is there any other way around this?

    introuble, Jun 30, 2005
  6. introuble

    DaZZa Guest

    Apply a higher metric to one route.

    Have two default routes, one with a metric of 1 pointing to the
    interface connected to the T1, and one with a metric of 10 pointing to
    the interface connected to the DSL service.

    Traffic will never hit the DSL service unless the T1 goes down/is
    unreachable.

    DaZZa

    DaZZa, Jul 5, 2005