2 probs (1= Connection drops w/online media) (2=X on certain Images/link refer can't be displayed)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jen, Aug 17, 2005.

  1. Jen

    Jen Guest

    Hey got a couple of probs.

    All of a sudden my connection drops anytime i play a sort of online
    media. i dont' remember changing anything as i recently had reformated
    so everything was pretty much new and working. seems to me after some
    windows updates i started noticing this happening.

    examples being mlb.com when i listen to the game audio or after i watch a
    highlight of a play, after the video/audio is done connection immediately
    drops. It happens also with playing a clip on amazon.com of a cd.
    Also with myspace.com sometimes people have embedded videos on their
    page, everytime i click on a page that has it, the connection drops as
    well.
    Majority of the times the media is in 'windows media' but some have
    dropped in real player format as well.

    Also i still have problems with certain images showing on websites with a
    lot of them "x" and saying page cannot be found. But not all the images,
    just sometimes half, and it is not on every page, but it is in about half
    the time. it also happens sometimes when i click on a link that refers
    to another page, i get the whole page not available and such and to
    access the page (sometimes it works) i'll delete the refering link ahead
    of it and just keep the site name and it will load.

    would anyone know how to fix it. It has nothing to do with checking my
    internet options and seeing that the show pictures thing is checked, ive
    done that and got that info already and that didnt change anything at
    all.

    SOME OS INFO:

    MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2
    INTERNET EXPLORER 6.0.2
    WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 10
    CONNECTION IS VERIZON DSL W/WIRELESS ROUTER

    If you need any other info let me know. thanks for any help.
    Jen.

    Jen, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Jen

    Harrison Guest

    Try System Restore.
    Post back if still having problems.

    Harrison, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Jen

    Jen Guest

    yeah i tried it whether going back to the week i reformatted, or going
    back to when i did some updates, neither of them changed the problem.

    the other computer on the router has no probs with the sites i mentioned.
    the pics and the media work fine

    Jen, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Jen

    old jon Guest

    Right click My computer\Manage\Event viewer to check if you have any
    errors\warnings.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Jen

    Jen Guest

    Hey got a couple of probs.
    Thanks, i did that and found some errors, mainly in the 'dhcp' category
    which relates to my connection. but what do i do from there to get rid
    of the errors, do i just delete the log file?

    Jen, Aug 17, 2005