    ping successfully on A by either ip or name, but not accessing it. Any idea
    how to solve this problem?

    Thanks for help!

    dat, Oct 17, 2006

  2. dat

    Chris H. Guest

    Beside enabling File and Printer Sharing, have you actually shared any
    specific files or folders?

    Chris H., Oct 17, 2006

  3. dat

    dat Guest

    There are shared files and folders on both pc's, sharing level is "Maximum
    Allowd".

    dat, Oct 17, 2006
  4. dat

    Chris H. Guest

    Hmmm. Must be something else involved, like an anti virus program or spam
    catcher stepping in the way. However, you probably should post to the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web newsgroup where generally networking
    issues are supported. This newsgroup is for support of Microsoft Broadband
    Networking hardware and software. Make sure to list the operating system in
    use on each computer, plus what anti-virus or other third party software
    firewalls you may be running.

    Chris H., Oct 17, 2006
  5. dat

    SdeWndr Guest

    Sounds like a local policy on Computer B that is preventing sharing.

    SdeWndr, Oct 31, 2006
  6. dat

    GaryMander Guest

    Do you happen to have Panda Internet Security? I have had real problems
    with networking with this, even with the firewall disabled, it still
    insists on blocking some traffic.

    If you have this, try uninstalling it completely and seeing how you get
    on. If that works, then reinstall.
    Regards

    Mav

    GaryMander, Nov 9, 2006