2 ISP's one Cat 5000 switch!

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Bud, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. Bud

    Bud Guest

    Question,

    A company I work for has two ISP's dumping into one switch.

    I am trying to track down mysterious problems with servers being failed
    by the local directors intermittently. The Directors are Cisco LDIR
    416s.

    So with the 2 ISP's and one switch!

    I suspect this to be a problem. Am i right are there any drawbacks to this?

    Obviously messy. Is this supposed to be avoided?

    The rationale is that if either ISP goes down we are OK. However
    suspect reasoning as now we introduce a single point of failure in the
    switch.

    Any Opinions?

    Bud

    Bud, Aug 7, 2005

  2. On 07.08.2005 07:56 Bud wrote
    No, not that I'm aware of.
    You may want to describe your problem in more detail. From what you
    wrote I can't see what's going wrong and how that may be related to your
    2 ISPs.

    Arnold

    Arnold Nipper, Aug 7, 2005