2 HDD installed, now one is missing from My Computer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ghernan9, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. ghernan9

    ghernan9 Guest

    Hi,

    Recently disconnected the primary master IDE to try and boot up from a
    seperate HDD. When I went back and re-connected my primary HDD to the
    computer and re-booted, only one of he hard disks shows up as C: and
    D: drive.
    Originally I had C,D,E,F drives all on MY Computer.

    In BIOS, both Disks show up as Primary Master, and Prmary Slave
    correctly.
    Boot drive is a 160GB western digital
    2nd drive is a 40GB western digital.

    Secondary primary is a CD-Rom
    Secondary slave is an LG-CD/RW

    OS: win XP pro
    Dell Dimension 4100
    256 MB RAM

    Any suggestions as to how to get my second hard disk drive to show up
    in My Computer?

    ghernan9, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Have you checked in Computer Management / Disk Management
    to see if the disks are showing there?

    Solar Nowhere, Aug 21, 2004

  3. ghernan9

    ghernan9 Guest

    Reply:
    No, there is only one hard disk in computer management with two
    partitions C:,
    D:

    Both Disk do show up in Device Manager when you right click my
    computer and check Disk Drives.

    ghernan9, Aug 22, 2004