    and want to put a domain controller there with DHCP.
    any ideas?

    thanks in advance

    ZooOYork, Apr 26, 2006

  2. If there are two different VLANs, there won't be any conflict if there
    are DHCP servers on both?? Traffic from one VLAN can't talk to another
    VLAN without some layer-3 device routing between the two, and DHCP
    won't cross layer-3 without "ip helper".

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 26, 2006

  3. ZooOYork

    ZooOYork Guest

    It makes sense about DHCP will not be crossing over to the other VLAN
    without the iphelper.
    But would the domain replication pass through to the other domain
    controllers?

    ZooOYork, Apr 27, 2006
  4. ZooOYork

    Scott Lowe Guest

    That depends...we'll need to know a lot more about your setup in order
    to answer that. Plus, that's a discussion best reserved for a
    different newsgroup.

    Scott Lowe, Apr 27, 2006