    Can you have 2 computers and 2 monitors on one keyboard and mouse? I don't
    want a KVM because I always want both computer on where I can see them at
    all times but just take control of which one I want.

    Richard, Jun 30, 2009

  2. Richard

    thanatoid Guest

    You have to have a KVM, but you don't have to use ALL of its
    options. I use two different mice but just one of the rest.

    Get a KVM which can be controlled with hitting scroll lock twice
    or something like that rather than by moving a switch on a box
    or something equally annoying.

    thanatoid, Jun 30, 2009

  3. Richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    Yes. A KVM is keyboard, video, mouse obviously. There's no reason you
    HAVE to hook up the V part. It's like a BLT without the Lettuce.

    Or, if both computers are on the same LAN, look at Synergy.

    http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

    Evan Platt, Jun 30, 2009
  4. Richard

    why? Guest

    That's what a KVM does. It's not like you were thinking of the 2 PCs
    being 100m away from each other using an IP KVM is it?
    If networked, - 2 Computers, 1 monitor, 1K and 1M.
    Try RealVNC, TightVNC or any other remote control software.

    Me

    why?, Jun 30, 2009
  5. Richard

    Richard Guest

    I just happen to have two computers so why not just use them. I just don't
    hook up the Video on the KVM. I have a habit of asking before I think. I
    guess it's because I've been alone so long I just like to communicate with
    others.

    Richard

    Richard, Jun 30, 2009
  6. Richard

    sittingduck Guest

    You could hook both monitors to one computer and use realVNC or something
    similar to control the other (if networked).

    sittingduck, Jul 2, 2009