    connect both modems and increase download speed? Not sure what to search for
    on google or I'd do that first, but I will try. I'm running windows xp pro
    sp2.

    ABS, Aug 2, 2005

  2. ABS

    Smoker~ Guest

    MultiLink allows you to use two separate modems as if they were a single
    modem. The MultiLink software configures your modems to collaborate in such
    a way that your connection speed is doubled. For example, if you have two
    56K modems you'll essentially get a connection speed of 112K.

    In order to attain this type of speed, MultiLink intercepts data packets
    heading for the Internet, splits them in two, and sends each half of the
    packet to a separate modem. Each modem then sends a half packet to the
    ISP.................................

    I did a Google> using two 56k modems

    I didn't read about it, it may be the same type of technology.

    Smoker~, Aug 2, 2005

  3. ABS

    ABS Guest

    Multilink isn't possible.

    ABS, Aug 2, 2005
  4. ABS

    Dave Guest

    Multi-linking two NIC cards isn't possible... You can Bridge them.
    only two modems - ISDN or Dialup modems is possible.

    Dave, Aug 2, 2005
  5. ABS

    ABS Guest

    Ya, bridging won't do it either. i need aggregating and stuff like that i
    have learned. i downloaded and installed intergate, but the server pc it is
    on can't connect to the net except the routing function. so i can't open IE
    and surf on the same pc right now. i don't know how. anyhow it's something
    they will have to tell me. i still would like to try other software.

    ABS, Aug 2, 2005
  6. ABS

    shawnews Guest

    Test