    one Im looking at runs on 2.4ghz which is the same freq as my Wifi...
    Ive heard little rumours that 2.4 phones can interfere with Wifi and vice
    versa - any truth to this ? Or I am best to look at 1.8 ghz phones ?

    XPD, Oct 9, 2006

  2. XPD

    Jack Hammond Guest

    Go for the Newer 5 gig ones or the older Panasonic 1.8 gig ones.

    Don't forget that Microwave Ovens also run at 2.4 gigs, I had to change my Uniden 2.4 gig phone for
    a Panasonic 1.8 gig one because of this.

    Jack Hammond, Oct 9, 2006

  3. XPD

    EMB Guest

    Yes, sometimes depending on the phone. I had a 2.4GHz cordless that
    killed wireless networking deader than a dead thing (now donated to my
    in-laws), but the 2.4GHz one at work only drops the wireless connection
    if it's within 20cm of the wireless card.

    EMB, Oct 9, 2006
  4. XPD

    iascoot Guest

    i heard the 2.4ghz phones with DECT tech are meant to be fine

    iascoot, Oct 9, 2006
  5. XPD

    Craig Shore Guest

    Our Microwave oven kills our Uniden. It warns you of that in the manual. Guess
    those ovens must still leak quite a lot of radio waves.
    The phone has a "clarity" mode which seems to help, I assume it just boosts it's
    signal.

    Craig Shore, Oct 9, 2006
  6. XPD

    Jack Hammond Guest

    No they are not, read my post..

    Jack Hammond, Oct 9, 2006
  7. XPD

    Jo Guest

    Agreed, we have made the decision to keep that frequency range completely
    clear for the wifi, our section also has a natural faraday cage so
    interference from the neighbours phone is not an issue. We are now in the
    times of allocating frequency ranges at home. A little research saves huge
    headaches later.

    We use a dual phone analogue cordless system, it works well and all but one
    small corner of the section (810m2 +2 storeys) is covered.

    Jo, Oct 9, 2006
  8. XPD

    Kent Smith Guest

    I have no problems with mine. Maybe slight static when microwave on but
    very usable. I've got 802.11b and never misses a beat.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Oct 10, 2006
  9. XPD

    Allistar Guest

    The base station of our uniden DECT is sitting about 5cm away from our
    Netgear wireless router. Both the phone and the router work flawlessly.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Oct 10, 2006
  10. XPD

    EMB Guest

    Assuming that it's the same as my Uniden DECT it's 1.8GHz hence the lack
    of interference.

    EMB, Oct 10, 2006
  11. XPD

    Richard Guest

    Be aware that there are still analog 2.4 gig phones available, and they
    are shockers with getting trashed by wlan signals.

    Richard, Oct 11, 2006
  12. XPD

    Richard Guest

    Uniden have confused everything by calling their 2.4 gig phones WDECT
    which leads to people buying them when they shouldnt.

    Richard, Oct 11, 2006
  13. XPD

    Jack Hammond Guest

    And they are Crap, they do not have a longer range, as I have tested one, plus the problem with the
    Microwave..

    Replaced it with a Panasonic 1.8 gig one that has the same limited range.

    There are 5 Ghz phones..

    Jack Hammond, Oct 11, 2006
  14. XPD

    Kent Smith Guest

    Yeah, make sure it's got DSS and frequency hopping. Most do.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Oct 11, 2006