    400MB/s sustained rate. I can work with any interface such as Fiber
    Channel or whatever .
    thanks for any tips

    trs80, Feb 7, 2010

  2. trs80

    JD Guest

    How about Solid State Hard Drives ?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive

    or an I-Ram / I-Ram2 / Hyperdrive ?, these all use DDR Ram.

    JD

    JD, Feb 7, 2010

  3. trs80

    Paul Guest

    Here is an SSD with a PCI Express x8 interface.
    Sustained write 600MB/sec. 10000 IOPS. 1TB capacity.

    http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/solid_state_drives/ocz_z_drive_p84_pci_express_ssd

    Listed as about $4700

    http://www.amazon.com/OCZ-Express-Solid-Z-DRIVE-OCZSSDPCIE-ZDP841T/dp/B002POJSWK/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

    I think inside the box, you'll find four SSD drives and a RAID controller with cache.

    This one appears to be built as a drive mechanism, and is available with
    different interfaces. The IOPS rating is higher. But the sustained write
    rate is too low. Perhaps two of the 2.5" ones in RAID0 would do, using
    SATA 6Gb/sec interfaces.

    http://www.stec-inc.com/interface/fc.php

    So at least that gives some idea as to whether it can be done or not.
    It may require you to do some RAID0 magic, to get what you want.

    A couple of these RAIDed, might come close. 2 x 220MB/sec on SATA 3Gb/sec interfaces.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227502

    Just a matter of finding one that fits the box you're trying to stuff it in.

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 7, 2010
  4. trs80

    trs80 Guest