  1. Absolutely meaningless 'statistics'. Not only are the numbers miniscule,
    it's a self selecting group.
    Hogwash.

    John McWilliams, Jun 1, 2014

  2. Sandman

    Tony Cooper Guest

    I'm not the one stating the manufacturer is not at fault when there's
    a history of failure of components. If they sell it, they're
    responsible for it.

    Tony Cooper, Jun 1, 2014

  3. Ford Pintos were generally very good, unless you got one with a poorly
    designed gas tank... (and got rear-ended to boot. or in the boot if
    you're a Brit.)

    John McWilliams, Jun 1, 2014
  4. Sandman

    nospam Guest

    actually, you are, since that's a gross misrepresentation of what i
    said.

    once again, you're caught lying.

    nospam, Jun 1, 2014
  5. Sandman

    nospam Guest

    la cie doesn't make the drives. they make the boxes into which they put
    the drives. however, they have earned a reputation for power supply
    failures.

    la cie buys the same drives everyone else buys, but they *don't* buy
    the same power supplies everyone else does.
    that's what backups are for.

    nospam, Jun 2, 2014
  6. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    An unprovable and idiotic statement
    Another asinine statement.

    Another unprovable statement

    PeterN, Jun 2, 2014
  7. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    Another statement on my list for when I find you.

    PeterN, Jun 2, 2014
  8. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    So was mine, until my wife totaled it. fortunately nobody was hurt.

    My Pacifica was great, except for annoyances. It was replaced with a
    lexus, and then another. I would have gotten another, but my wife wanted
    a bright red car. We settled for a Cadillac SRX. Only three warranty
    repairs in the first two months. And it doesn't handle nearly as well as
    the Lexus. But my wife likes it. Whatchagonnado.

    PeterN, Jun 2, 2014
  9. Consumer Reports does a major survey of vehicles. I've looked at it in
    the past, but believe you have to subscribe, but I could be off on that.

    John McWilliams, Jun 2, 2014
  10. Long may you run, long may you run!

    And thanks for your earlier expo.

    John McWilliams, Jun 2, 2014
  11. Please, tell us more!

    John McWilliams, Jun 2, 2014
  12. Sandman

    nospam Guest

    backups are indeed important for any drive, however, the common failure
    mode with la cie is a power supply which usually does not affect the
    drive itself. simply replace the power supply or move the drive to
    another enclosure.

    nospam, Jun 2, 2014
  13. Sandman

    nospam Guest

    your posts is all the proof that's necessary,
    nothing asinine about it.
    your posts is all the proof that's necessary,

    nospam, Jun 2, 2014
  14. Sandman

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    Bullshit. LaCie had a habit of sticking drives into enclosure with bad
    thermal design, which basically cooked the drives. Not LaCies fault?

    Joe Kotroczo, Jun 2, 2014
  15. Sandman

    nospam Guest

    that's a different failure mode than what has been discussed and not
    the usual one for la cie, which is a power supply failure. an enclosure
    that overheats would be their fault.

    nospam, Jun 2, 2014
  16. Sandman

    android Guest

    The cars sold on principal markets by the here mentioned companies are
    not the same and are not made at the same plants... Just like a German
    Passat is not the same car as an American... The Hondas sold here are
    made in England and do not have the same specs as those sold in Japan or
    the US.
    Take a seat so to speak. Put yourself behind the drivers wheel in a
    showroom and you know why a Mercedes costs significantly more than a
    Ford or Honda. I do think that the Lexuses seem to be nice rides
    though...

    android, Jun 2, 2014
  17. Sandman

    android Guest

    You're rambling...

    android, Jun 2, 2014
  18. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Sandman, Jun 3, 2014
  19. Sandman

    android Guest

    ???

    android, Jun 3, 2014
  20. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Yeah, well, I am already aware of the scarcity of devices that meet my
    need, otherwise I wouldn't post a question online unless I knew it was hard
    to find otherwise. Unfortunately, in many cases, it's because it *can't* be
    found :)

    Sandman, Jun 3, 2014