  1. Sandman

    J. Clarke Guest

    Generic part most likely--they just stamped the appropriate label on it.

    J. Clarke, May 31, 2014

  2. Sandman

    android Guest

    Yes...
    Ford's more likely to cut corners on quality than Mercedes. Just as an
    example...

    android, Jun 1, 2014

  3. Sandman

    android Guest

    If LaCie or Ford sells a unit that fails undue then it's their fault...

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  4. Sandman

    android Guest

    I have firewire external hard disk and a diskette reader from LaCie.
    Booth works fine...

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  5. Sandman

    android Guest

    Off course it is. The manufactor is responsible for the components of
    its products.

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  6. Sandman

    Guest Guest

    Off course it is. The manufactor is responsible for the components of
    its products.[/QUOTE]

    which for drives, is the drive manufacturer.

    la cie doesn't make drives. they buy them and put them in a box and
    power supply.

    Guest, Jun 1, 2014
  7. Sandman

    android Guest

    My condolences...

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  8. Sandman

    android Guest

    which for drives, is the drive manufacturer.

    la cie doesn't make drives. they buy them and put them in a box and
    power supply.[/QUOTE]

    They are not selling an enclosure or a drive. They are selling a
    complete unit and the drive is a part of that.
    They are responsible for the unit that they sell. Which includes a
    drive...

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  9. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    Sandman, Jun 1, 2014
  10. Sandman

    android Guest

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  11. Sandman

    android Guest

    But then you would have to drive on of those cars...
    Seriously, this kind of surveys says more about the history of the
    vehicles ownership than about the item delivered from factory...
    The Hondas and Toyotas sold were i live are mainly "Made in Britain".
    Nuff said...

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  12. Sandman

    Guest Guest

    They are not selling an enclosure or a drive. They are selling a
    complete unit and the drive is a part of that.
    They are responsible for the unit that they sell. Which includes a
    drive...[/QUOTE]

    during the warranty period, they are responsible for fixing it for the
    end user. nobody said otherwise.

    the point is that they *buy* the drives to put in the enclosures and if
    the drives fail, it's not their fault. the drives are warranted by the
    manufacturer to la cie (not the end user) la cie can get replacements
    should they need to.

    Guest, Jun 1, 2014
  13. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    Obviously, you don't believe in Murphy's law of perversity. :p

    PeterN, Jun 1, 2014
  14. Sandman

    PeterN Guest

    You will never convince nospam of that. And even if you did, he would
    not admit it.

    PeterN, Jun 1, 2014
  15. Sandman

    Guest Guest

    convince me of what, exactly?

    the fact is that if a drive fails, it's *not* la cie's fault. it's the
    drive maker's fault.

    that doesn't mean that la cie leaves the user stuck with a bum drive.
    the drives are warranted by the drive maker to la cie, who then
    replaces it for the user.

    standard stuff.

    Guest, Jun 1, 2014
  16. Sandman

    android Guest

    I do think that the HD might be running out of time... But it's served
    me well.

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  17. Sandman

    android Guest

    during the warranty period, they are responsible for fixing it for the
    end user. nobody said otherwise.

    the point is that they *buy* the drives to put in the enclosures and if
    the drives fail, it's not their fault. the drives are warranted by the
    manufacturer to la cie (not the end user) la cie can get replacements
    should they need to.[/QUOTE]

    I do not wish to argue this any further with you. I think that I've made
    my point.

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  18. Sandman

    android Guest

    That could be true!

    android, Jun 1, 2014
  19. Sandman

    Guest Guest

    I do not wish to argue this any further with you. I think that I've made
    my point.[/QUOTE]

    you didn't.

    Guest, Jun 1, 2014
  20. Sandman