    Can anyone recommend an LCD monitor that has these features. Would like to
    use it as a TV DVD screen when my computer isn't connected to it.

    TIA

    Rob, Jul 12, 2005

  2. Rob

    Richard Guest

    You may not be happy with the results on one thats designed primarily as a
    computer monitor as the deinterlacer in them seems to be pretty crap.

    If you are going this route, check it out on an interlaced source in store
    before committing to buy it.

    Richard, Jul 12, 2005

  3. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Cheers for that. How about the LCD TVs such as Sonys MFMHT75W, which can
    also be used as a computer monitor
    http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid...tby/1/order/D/rpem/ccd/productDetailReview.do . Could this be a better way to go?

    Rob, Jul 12, 2005
  4. Rob

    Richard Guest

    Just try it out and see how it goes. Dont be fooled by them playing a DVD of
    some movie on it and that looking good - any POS deinterlacer can undo the 3:2
    or 2:2 pulldown, its live sports that is the killer for deinterlacing. All the
    fine detail of the lines on the pitch, the ball, etc and things moving different
    directions can cause the crap ones to have fringing all over the place.

    Be aware that some defects may be because its being fed from a mpeg decoder with
    the chroma bug, and that there are still players out ther ethat havent had this
    issue fixed. - see here
    http://206.225.87.49/volume_8_2/dvd-benchmark-special-report-chroma-bug-4-2001.html
    for pictures of what it looks like and how it happens. (Its because interlaced
    video sucks, and sub-sampling it makes it even worse)

    Richard, Jul 12, 2005
  5. Rob

    Daver Guest

    There is a Samsung 930MP or Hyundai L19T both around $1150. Samsung has PIP
    so you watch TV while doing PC stuff (or the other way round).

    Daver, Jul 12, 2005
  6. Rob

    Graham Guest

    Geez, 000's of dollars at stake on the basis of such fundamental facts. I'm
    glad I'm not rich....

    Graham, Jul 12, 2005
  7. Rob

    Andrew Guest

    We have Dell 20" monitors here at work - cant remember the model, but
    ill find it, they have composite in and svideo in, We have used them to
    play xbox/playstation and it looks great :)

    Andrew, Jul 12, 2005