    category?

    Thanks
    Reg

    Reg, Jan 24, 2008

  2. Reg

    Smiles Guest

    I have 2 x Philips 19" monitors model 190B with USB in the side and they
    are great.

    Smiles, Jan 24, 2008

  3. Reg

    thingy Guest

    Which model? there have been some reviews on 19inch screens, the
    Viewsonic's did well but that depends on the specific model...ie if say
    the XYZ's "PS205D" won it does not follow that their latest model the
    "PS205E" will be any good....in fact it might be total crap....

    http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/03/08/four-wide-screen-19-monitors-compared/

    ".....the Samsung 940BW would be my choice......."

    or,

    http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/06/27/xxl_displays/page14.html

    "If we had to name a winner among these competitors........it would have
    to be the ViewSonic VX2025WM."

    Acer seem to have been pretty consistently panned for mediocre monitor
    models, others to consider are Dell....

    ".....you can rule out the Acer F20....."

    Asus dont do great either....

    http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/04/21/asus_pw191_lcd/page8.html

    but as you can see we are back to 2006.......

    As manufacturers, the three I would look at are Viewsonic, Dell and
    Phillips....in that order....oh and even then I would not buy a bottom
    Dell as we have them at work and they are awful for colour...so the top
    Dell models only.

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Jan 24, 2008
  4. Reg

    Malcolm Guest

    Hi
    PC World Feb 2008 has a review their best buy is the LG L196WTY-BF
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,140989-page,1/article.html

    I run twin 19" Viewsonic Vx924's, they are great :)

    Malcolm, Jan 24, 2008
  5. Reg

    noone Guest

    Have a look at this Web site for Reviews etc

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/lcd-guide-f2007.html

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/19inch-8.html

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/19inch-7.html

    noone, Jan 25, 2008
  6. Reg

    Squiggle Guest

    What do you need to display on them?

    Movies?
    High frame rate FPS games?
    Images for editing needing excellent colour qualities?
    Speadsheets and word processing?

    Squiggle, Jan 25, 2008
  7. Reg

    Dave N Guest

    I've got a 20", 22" and 28" Viewsonic and can't fault them in the visual
    dept. Two have onboard sound which is crap but then I don't use the monitor
    speakers.
    Cheers
    Dave

    Dave N, Jan 26, 2008
  8. I have a CMV CT-934D, bought a little over two years ago. I believe CMV is
    now calling itself Chi Mei. Anyway, that monitor is suffering the worst
    case of burn-in I have ever seen. I'd stay away from that brand in future,
    whatever they're calling themselves.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 26, 2008
  9. Reg

    EMB Guest

    That only happened because you ran bug-ridden, insufficiently-tested
    open-source software on it. ;-)

    EMB, Jan 28, 2008
  10. Meow?

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jan 28, 2008