    I presume that their softphone must send some other information so that
    they know when it's being used.

    DF

    David Floyd, May 20, 2005

  2. Thus spaketh David Floyd:
    Working here with Firefly and x-lite. Not have hardware so can't comment
    there.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 20, 2005

  3. It's logged in:

    madras*CLI> iax2 show registry
    Host Username Perceived Refresh State
    213.61.187.156:4569 1899015278 217.169.21.20:4569 60 Registered
    I made a call over it yesterday evening, and it did work, although the
    call quality was appalling and I eventually had to give up and use the
    landline instead.

    I've just tried another call now, and it still worked, even though it
    gave a 1p/min charge indication for an 0800 call...

    Peter Corlett, May 20, 2005
  4. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    No idea what your talking about here. Nothing like what's in my ATA-486

    DF

    David Floyd, May 20, 2005
  5. David Floyd

    David Floyd Guest

    It's dawned on me that you might be talking about the 1899 softphone, if
    so what does madras*CLI mean

    DF

    David Floyd, May 20, 2005
  6. Nope, it's actually Asterisk. "iax2 show registry" shows all my
    (attempted) IAX registrations, 213.61.187.156 is iax.1899.com, and
    "Registered" means the registration was successful.

    I can't run the 1899 softphone on my SPA-2000 :p
    It's the Asterisk prompt and the server's hostname is madras.

    Peter Corlett, May 20, 2005
  7. David Floyd

    me Guest

    My Sipura is incapable of accessing 1899 VOIP. Until a couple of days
    ago it worked fine, and I haven't changed the settings.

    Is it just me or are others in the same boat? It says it's registered,
    but when u try to call PSTN it just goes beep, beep, beep.

    me, May 22, 2005
  8. Thus spaketh :

    Sounds like the classic blocked number that has been plaguing many.

    Register another number with 1899 and then program that new number into the
    Sipura.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 22, 2005
  9. David Floyd

    me Guest

    Why would they block that number?

    me, May 22, 2005
  10. Thus spaketh :
    Have no idea, for some reason numbers have been blocked, my landline number
    has been blocked on their VoIP service, but 1899 still works from the
    landline, other numbers have got blocked also, but numbers I have added since
    they had blocked many numbers a week or two back are still working fine.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, May 22, 2005
  11. David Floyd

    Guest Guest

    I registered a new number with 1899 a couple of days ago, a sipgate
    provided number actually, 1899's voip wont accept the new number, says
    it is not registered, but I can log into (on the web) my 1899 account
    with the new number!

    Guest, May 23, 2005
  12. David Floyd

    PeterW Guest

    wrote in
    Likewise. I have registered my Sipgate number as a second number on my
    account and can log in with it but not register on VoIP. I tried the same
    on Call18866 and have the same result.

    Peter

    PeterW, May 23, 2005