    I lost my power to my computer today when i started it back up my cpu clock
    was worng so now it say that my 180 trial software is over. is there anyway
    to fix that or do i have to do a full install... ???

    Guest, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 18, 2005

  3. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    See the thread under Help XP64 Evaluation Edition Ended Early dated 7/9/2005
    Seems to be covered well there.

    John Barnes, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    that was the 1st thing i tried was safe mode it sad the same thing that i my
    180 trial was over then after that it restarted.. thanks

    Guest, Jul 18, 2005
  5. Any adjustments to clock/calendar forward or back are cumulative and
    irreversible.
    Once the time bomb has gone off your only option is a Clean Installation if
    you still want to use the product.

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Jul 18, 2005
  6. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 18, 2005
  7. Hello,
    It has to be Safe Mode and Safe Mode only.
    It cannot be Safe Mode with Networking.
    I know that Safe Mode works to allow access.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?amF5bnB0?= <>
    <Subject: Re: 180 day trial over after power lost.. need help to fix this?
    <Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:53:06 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <
    <

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jul 18, 2005
  8. Guest

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    This is not an answer to your problem but losing power to a computer should
    not reset the CMOS. For example you can simulate a power outage by
    unplugging a system while it is running. When you restart the computer the
    date and other BIOS setting should not have been changed. However a power
    surge which often accompanies a power outage could affect the motherboard.
    Check to ensure your system isn't damaged.

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 18, 2005
  9. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 18, 2005
  10. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" > wrote in message
    I have had about 40 odd power cuts over the past 2 days, so I should have
    damaged system too.

    I live in the state that gets the most lightning strikes..Maybe even the
    world. (Lovely Florida, USA)
    Had one strike so close to the house, that it snapped the coaxial input
    cable for my Amateur radio antenna, blew out a microwave oven, VCR, and
    several of the high hats in my ceiling light fixture just fell out of the
    ceiling.

    My PC never flinched though :~] (Love my UPS)

    The same strike took out my neighbors modem, sound card and alarm system.
    It sounded like a bomb going off and the flash of the lightning and the boom
    of the thunder occurred simultaneously.

    Also, CMOS, (BIOS), will not reset upon power failure unless the battery is
    dead or missing.
    Normal use will give you roughly 5-7 years for cmos back-up.

    Al Swearengen Proprietor
    Gem Saloon
    Deadwood, S.D.

    Al Swearengen, Jul 19, 2005
  11. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 19, 2005
  12. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    You need a UPS too Andre. Mine has saved me at least 50 restarts this year
    alone. I love my UPS, too. I have to use cheap surge protectors on my
    modem since I go thru 4-5 a year. Expensive ones go just as fast on the
    modem, but protect better on the power.

    John Barnes, Jul 19, 2005
  13. No Guts, No Glory
    It rains here every day and the most violent storms always seem to sneak up
    on us.
    You can read stories quite often of People that have been struck and lived
    to tell about it...Some are not quite so lucky.

    Manifest destiny
    (Top Posting For Effect).

    Al Swearengen Proprietor
    Gem Saloon
    Deadwood
    Dakota Territory

    Al Swearengen, Jul 19, 2005
  14. Which brand UPS do use John?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 19, 2005
  15. Guest

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    If I had 40 power cuts in the past 2 days I'd seriously look at getting a
    UPS and I wouldn't be surprised if I began noticing stability problems.
    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Jul 19, 2005
  16. Guest

    Guest Guest

    thank you all for the help i have my computer up and runing. I had to start
    in safe mode and do a back up... then i did a clean install... thank god for
    duel boot :) next i think my motherboard batterie is dead out of the 3
    computers i made wiht abit motherboards all 3 had dead batteries from day
    one... i would like to know if anyone else ever had a abit motherboard with
    dead batteries from day one... and yes i do have a ups with 30min backup.

    Guest, Jul 20, 2005