1720 WIC-1T and WIC-1DSU-T1

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by stanguru, Nov 17, 2006.

  1. stanguru

    stanguru Guest

    currently trying to convert from frac T1 to full T1

    1720 has WIC-1T in slot WIC0 (currently working)

    stuck the WIC-1DSU in WIC1 and WIC1(on router) light says ok

    CD light on 1DSU card is NOT on

    ISP sees loop back to end of cable (thru smart jack, and drop cable
    from smart jack)

    pressing loopback button on 1DSU card, still doesnt see it

    took both cards out, stuck 1DSU card in WIC0 slot, still no CD light

    SHOW DIAG shows:
    WIC Slot 1: Unknown WAN daughter card

    docs shows 1DSU card will work on all IOS

    IOS is Version 12.1(8c)

    do i need to somehow "turn-on" or enable the card?

    TIA

    stanguru, Nov 17, 2006

  2. stanguru

    RC Guest

    I'll assume you made the necessary changes in the config, you didn't mention
    it.

    Is the new card a wic-1dsu-t1 OR a wic-1dsu-t1-v2? the newer card requires a
    newer IOS, your "Unknown WAN daughter card" is typical of this issue.

    RC, Nov 17, 2006

  3. stanguru

    Brian V Guest

    The WIC-1DSU-T1 V2 is not supported in the 1700 series, it's not simply a
    software issue..... You MUST use a V1 card in there. If it is a V1 card, it
    is not hot swapable, router must be rebooted for it to be recognized
    properly.

    Brian V, Nov 17, 2006
  4. stanguru

    Stanguru Guest

    Stanguru, Nov 20, 2006
  5. stanguru

    Stanguru Guest

    got it
    now, cant get back to my internal gateway
    have:
    ip default-gateway 10.0.1.30
    ip classless
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0.1
    ip route 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0 10.0.1.30
    no ip http server

    that should do it right? i have a route and the default
    ping and tr dont get me there...what am i missing?

    also, memory question...
    Head Total(b) Used(b) Free(b) Lowest(b)
    Largest(b)

    Processor 808A7A54 16090540 1719668 14370872 14219884
    1427599

    the bin file is 9meg...where is it going? can i have both there on the
    box?

    TIA

    Stanguru, Nov 21, 2006