    am also trying to network the computers (I ran the networking wizard), but
    am having trouble with this, since neither computer can see each other on
    the network.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004

  2. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Geo, that website is fabulous! I am going to bookmark it. Lots of useful
    info there in one handy place! Thanks for all of your replies on my other
    questions too.

    Julie

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004

  3. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Hi Geo. I actually don't even know. They're older files from a
    Sun/Solaris/Unix-type system, and they aren't readable. I think I tried to
    make them into ASCII, but am not sure how successful I was. They'll probably
    just become obsolete before I ever need to use them. :)

    One thing I am actually trying to find though is the list of user names,
    etc. that are IE or Netscape automatically fills in for me after I type the
    first few letters.

    How do I identify a plug-in folder?

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  4. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    exactly.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  5. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    untrue.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  6. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Thanks. Actually, I don't even know what k-lite is. I thought it was a place
    where you could download freeware. Regardless, I do use NAV, so I should be
    safe.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  7. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    wrong once again.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  8. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    wrong.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  9. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    worng once again. what an idiot.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  10. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    You won't find freeware on a peer to peer file sharing system.

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 12, 2004
  11. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    And yet you're still a thief.

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 12, 2004
  12. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Goodness, you seem rather upset.

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 12, 2004
  13. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Which statement was untrue? You're no longer a student? You're trying to
    steal software you don't have the right to use? Or is the software not
    branded for educational use?

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 12, 2004
  14. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Gee, then why haven't you simply contacted the school? Oh, that's right,
    becuase you don't legally have the right to use the programs once you've
    left the school.

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 12, 2004
  15. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    You don't seem to be able to defend your piracy at all. You've not once
    given any reason why I or anyone else should believe you legally have
    the right to use software distributed by your school. But that's because
    you don't.

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 12, 2004
  16. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    You're telling me I'm NOT copying those words off the Visio 2000
    Enterprise edition I'm looking at right now? You're telling me that
    Microsoft doesn't brand their educational products "For training
    purposes only" as it does on the several copies of 2000 server and
    workstation I have sitting here? Once again you don't seem to be able to
    come up with anything beyond telling me I'm 'worng' (SIC). Would you
    like a photograph of the Visio CD for proof?

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 12, 2004
  17. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    --
    world
    x-no-archive: yes

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  18. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    wrong again. i'm picking up the CD Monday.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  19. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    because some of it's freeware moron. duh!

    and you don't know anything about the licensing agreement. so until you do,
    keep your trap shut.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  20. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    no, just annoyed at your need to troll the ng and make nasty, smart-ass
    comments just for the fun of it. maybe if you had any computer skills you
    would post good advice, but you don't.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004