  1. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    So you are a thief, how sad.

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    So it's Dell's fault you're stupid?

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Julie P.

    RON Guest

    Way too Many questions!

    RON, Jun 10, 2004
  4. Julie P.

    Unknown Guest

    You can now order one and, I might add, you'll pay much less than what Dell
    charges for a floppy.

    Unknown, Jun 10, 2004
  5. Julie P.

    Parko Guest

    You can still do it. Buy a hard drive enclosure and hook the thing up to
    your new computer as an extra 'E:\ drive' or whatever when it suits you.
    You can transfer data to the old drive for backup purposes with one of the
    disc imaging programs. Much safer and more secure. Cheers!

    Parko, Jun 11, 2004
  6. Julie P.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Seems to me that if you *buy* a computer (Dell, Gateway, Joe's Shop Next
    Door, etc.) that has no floppy disk or CDRW in it, that isn't the *seller's*
    fault, but the buyers. After all, they give you a nice list of exactly what
    is in the system. Then you click on the "I'm gonna BUY this puppy!" button.
    If you don't read the list, well, what that old saying...Caveat Emptor?

    Toolman Tim, Jun 11, 2004
  7. Julie P.

    geothermal Guest

    Here is a webpage that might help you :

    http://email.about.com/cs/eudorabackuphelp/
    geothermal

    geothermal, Jun 11, 2004
  8. Julie P.

    geothermal Guest

    I use End It All with win 95 and win 98 but not XP Home.

    Use this webpage to find out about your running process list
    that you can see when you control-alt-delete. Once you find
    out what is essential to the running of your system, then
    you can figure out what to stop before running Ad-Aware or
    other programs.

    geothermal

    geothermal, Jun 11, 2004
  9. Julie P.

    geothermal Guest

    You might search the old hard drive for rtf files
    and gif, bmp, jpg, jpeg, log, tif, and favorites folder.
    You didn't mention what types of photos you had saved
    so I mentioned a few of them. Are your ascii files in
    asc format or txt ?

    Also when I help people move their files, I tell them to
    look in their program files folder and it helps them
    remember what programs they had installed.

    Lastly, you might want to search your computer for plugin
    folders, so you can make a list of plugins that you want to
    look for to use on the xp system.
    geothermal

    geothermal, Jun 11, 2004
  10. Julie P.

    geothermal Guest

    What is the name of the school ?

    geothermal

    geothermal, Jun 11, 2004
  11. Julie P.

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Julie P. mused:

    | no, they make StuffIt Expander for the PC and Linux also:
    |
    | http://www.stuffit.com/win/index.html

    Very nice. I always liked StuffIt back when I used my Performa 6300
    every day. ;-)

    mhicaoidh, Jun 11, 2004
  12. Julie P.

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, -= Hawk =- mused:

    | She doesn't have valid licenses.

    We don't know that for certain. If she does, then she should be able to
    get it sorted. If she doesn't, then she won't ...

    mhicaoidh, Jun 11, 2004
  13. Julie P.

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    We know that for certain because she's already stated they're enterprise
    and educational editions distributed by the school she's no longer a
    student at.

    -= Hawk =-, Jun 11, 2004
  14. "k-lite" is a great way to get viruses on your system!

    John H. Guillory, Jun 12, 2004
  15. Julie P.

    Toolman Tim Guest

    *Any* peer to peer can do that - be warned, be safe. It won't be a problem
    if you are taking all positive safety precautions. Along the same lines, I
    once downloaded a file that was supposed to be a music file (old gospel
    quartet number - no longer copyrighted)...I got the most awful "adult" video
    clip. It was gone from my machine fast, but it sure ticked me off. So again,
    beware of peer to peer - you don't always get what you ask for.

    Toolman Tim, Jun 12, 2004
  16. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    good point! they're almost free sometimes after the rebate.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  17. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  18. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    what an imbecile you are.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  19. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    idiot. it's cheaper to add them after the fact then to get them through
    Dell, as someone pointed out already.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004
  20. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    thank you! In retrospect then, I am glad I didn't get the floppy, CD-RW
    drive, or larger HD.

    Julie P., Jun 12, 2004