  1. Ed E.

    Ed E. Guest

    And your B&H came with the Lexar 1GB flash card, right?

    Ed E., Aug 21, 2003

  2. Ed E.

    Beowulf Guest

    Ok I paid $1500 for the Canon 10D (free shipping) from B&H and it
    arrived yesterday. Then I saw prices of $1150 on the Yahoo Shopping for
    it, so got an RMA from B&H and ordered it online from a company I shall
    not name (oh what the hell, it was insdigital.com)-- tack on another $8o
    for shipping for UPS next day. Thought I covered my tracks stating on the
    order form ONLY to process the order *if* it was in stock and could be
    shipped by tomorrow. Order comes back to call to confirm (so they can try
    and sell you accessories of course), so I call. They tell me I need to
    pay another $250 to get the US model with warranty, that the $1150 model
    has absolutely NO warranty. Scam operation IMHO. I am keeping the B&H
    model and am going to shut up about the price and ENJOY IT!
    ~Beowulf

    Beowulf, Aug 21, 2003

  3. I really wonder how the photo industry gathered such a large volume of
    scammers. I don't believe there is another industry with such nonsence.

    Robert McDermitt, Aug 21, 2003
  4. Ed E.

    Beowulf Guest

    No. CF memory and lens not included.

    Beowulf, Aug 21, 2003
  5. Ed E.

    Ed E. Guest

    And your B&H came with the Lexar 1GB flash card, right?
    I saw the wrong listing on B&H. That is the $1,750 price tag. It sucks to
    get old....

    Ed E., Aug 21, 2003
  6. No, that's the point at which they discover that it's out of
    stock. And it stays that way.
    Probably just the battery, AC adapter/charger, owner's manual, and all
    other normal contents of the box would be missing.

    Stephen H. Westin, Aug 21, 2003
  7. Ed E.

    holydiver Guest

    NO that will cost you about 17xx $. not sure of the exact figure.

    holydiver, Aug 21, 2003
  8. Ed E.

    bud Guest

    NEW car dealers!!!!!!!

    bud, Aug 21, 2003
  9. Ed E.

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Better check your credit card. Hopefully they didn't charge you yet...

    Lucas Tam, Aug 21, 2003
  10. Ed E.

    HRosita Guest

    Add the lawyers that advertise here in Florida (instead of chasing ambulances).
    Rosita

    HRosita, Aug 21, 2003
  11. Ed E.

    Todd Walker Guest

    Those of us who have been around here for a few years have seen this
    same story literally hundreds of times. Why do you think we all love B&H
    so much? No, they don't have the lowest prices but their prices are good
    and FAIR and you know you'll get what you ordered with no hassle at all.

    Next time check Resellerratings.com first. Had you done that in this
    case, you would have found that they have 6 reviews with a total score
    of 0.00 out of 10. That's right -- ZERO. Every single review posted
    about them is a horror story.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Aug 22, 2003
  12. Ed E.

    Maywood Guest

    Most dealers have no problems selling all they can at $1500. Some people
    have been able to save 10% off that with coupons now and then at the big box
    retailers or catch a special deal from a major online retailer.

    To think that you can get one at $1200 without some kind of hitch really is
    a pipe dream. I was somewhat lucky and picked up a slightly used one with
    added 8x10 crop lines added for $1300.

    Maywood, Aug 22, 2003
  13. Check techbargains.com for the best price - they came really close to 1200
    for the 10D last I checked. (It's a site that lists prices from multiple
    vendors.)

    Good luck,
    Meriah...

    Meriah Crawford, Aug 24, 2003
  14. Ed E.

    Don Coon Guest

    $1350 plus shipping is a more realistic expectation.

    The price you reference is $1199 + $60 shipping = $1254. Not bad but 25.4%
    negative buyer feedback is poor. Here's an example of a recent complaint:

    "I called these guys to inquire about their Canon EOS 10D advertised on
    their web site for $1199.99. I asked if it was a new camera. The guy said
    “yes”. I then asked if it came with the full US warrantee. They guy said,
    “No. Well, you can’t expect a warrantee at this price.” This is a sure sign
    of gray market products. Avoid these guys!"

    The best price --- from a trustworthy seller on techbargains site -- is
    $1378 shipped from:
    http://www.bestpriceaudiovideo.com/

    BTW, techbargains simple uses the www.pricegrabber.com site for prices.
    Good site for price searches and reliable vendor ratings.

    Don Coon, Aug 24, 2003