    have 2 clients, one which is 11b and the other which is 11g. If both clients
    are connected at the same time will the 11g clients connection fall back to 11b?

    Andy

    Andy, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Andy

    Larry Guest

    to 11b?
    AFAIK Yes the network goes to the lowest common denominator.

    Larry

    Larry, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Andy

    deKay Guest

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sat, 03 Apr
    uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk Andy fornis do marikano es bono
    tan el:
    Generally, yes.

    deKay

    deKay, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Thanks both for your replies.

    Andy

    Andy, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Andy

    THe NuTTeR Guest

    Depends who you believe
    Officially, 802.11g devices will run at full speed with 802.11b devices
    on the WLAN because the official standard says so...... BUT (and its a
    big but) many many vendors released "11g" products before 11g was
    officially ratified.
    If you buy from someone big who will have made sure their devices now
    comply, you'll be lucky.
    but if you buy from a small shop with low turnover, it might drop down.
    Try it and see. Might be worth doing, as you could always upgrade the
    11b device when finances allow.

    THe NuTTeR, Apr 6, 2004