    30 seconds shutter and the only light was from an amber street lamp to my
    left (most of the time) and a lower watt white street lamp from the right.

    What Noise? Even the full size shots have no noise! Incredible!

    JohnO, Sep 6, 2003

  2. JohnO

    Benny Guest

    Hey, nice photos- but where was Mars?
    Pity about that little white blob on the lens, too :)

    Benny, Sep 6, 2003

  3. JohnO

    MJ Guest

    Don't know about that. My 10D's in the kitchen right now. There's also
    some sliced bread. Every time I go in there the bread wins hands down
    every time. I feel another roast beef sandwich coming up........

    MJ

    MJ, Sep 6, 2003
  4. JohnO

    BUNTOVNIK Guest

    Went down to the kitchen, put my 10d next to loaf of bread, waited a while.
    Figured there must be something wrong with the bread, since 10d won in split
    second.

    BUNTOVNIK, Sep 6, 2003
  5. JohnO

    W6DKN Guest

    You didn't use enough mayo...

    W6DKN, Sep 7, 2003
  6. JohnO

    BUNTOVNIK Guest

    Oh, darn! Will do it again in the morning :)

    BUNTOVNIK, Sep 7, 2003
  7. JohnO

    David Guest

    Nice pics. but sliced bread is so 1950s. Real men use sharp knives
    and hack their bread!

    How long can you expose the pic. eg. unlimited? Try a very low light
    for 2+ min at ISO 50 and see the noise issue. Eg. like a film camera.

    David, Sep 9, 2003
  8. JohnO

    Stuart Guest

    Anyone trying to shoot at night for long exposure on ISO 50 film has a
    serious problem. And its not only with reciprocity law failure. Try lying
    down in a quiet dark room for a few days. Anyone trying to shoot anything at
    ISO 50 on the Canon 10D hasnt read the instruction book.

    Stuart, Sep 9, 2003
  9. JohnO

    JPS Guest

    In message <bjkae8$m0i$>,
    Yes and no. Canon 10D RAW files have an extra stop at least of
    highlights, hidden by default (less than 11 bits is actually used for
    the same dynamic range you get below the clipping in a JPEG, or default
    RAW conversion).

    A 10D set to RAW, ISO 100 and +1EV exposure compensation is for all
    intents and purposes ISO 50.

    JPS, Sep 10, 2003
  10. JohnO

    JPS Guest

    In message <>,
    NOPE!

    I've taken ISO 100 and ISO 100 pulled to 50 pictures with my 10D with
    indirect moonlight and street lights indoors at night, with exposures to
    several minutes. No noise to be found at all. Just did one pulled to
    ISO 50 for 4 minutes.

    JPS, Sep 10, 2003