100x Optical Zoom!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John Turco, May 9, 2013.

  1. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    Whoa..."Target" <http://www.target.com> has scooped the digicam media:

    Target - Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 16MP Digital Camera with 100x Optical
    Zoom - Black
    <http://www.target.com/p/fujifilm-finepix-sl1000-16mp-digital-camera-with-100x-optical-zoom-black/-/A-14493901#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink>

    This should come as a huge surprise to everyone (Fuji, especially).

    John
     
    John Turco, May 9, 2013
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    On 5/8/2013 8:19 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-05-08 17:09:27 -0700, John Turco <> said:
    >
    >> Whoa..."Target" <http://www.target.com> has scooped the digicam media:
    >>
    >> Target - Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 16MP Digital Camera with 100x Optical
    >> Zoom - Black
    >> <http://www.target.com/p/fujifilm-finepix-sl1000-16mp-digital-camera-with-100x-optical-zoom-black/-/A-14493901#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink>
    >>

    >
    > This should come as a huge surprise to everyone (Fuji, especially).
    >>
    >> John

    >
    > I guess Target flipped the optical zoom (50X) and digital zoom (100X) in
    > their interpretation of the specs.



    You're right.

    John
     
    John Turco, May 9, 2013
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    On 5/8/2013 9:40 PM, John Turco wrote:
    > On 5/8/2013 8:19 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    >> On 2013-05-08 17:09:27 -0700, John Turco <> said:
    >>
    >>> Whoa..."Target" <http://www.target.com> has scooped the digicam media:
    >>>
    >>> Target - Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 16MP Digital Camera with 100x Optical
    >>> Zoom - Black
    >>> <http://www.target.com/p/fujifilm-finepix-sl1000-16mp-digital-camera-with-100x-optical-zoom-black/-/A-14493901#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink>
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> This should come as a huge surprise to everyone (Fuji, especially).
    >>>
    >>> John

    >>
    >> I guess Target flipped the optical zoom (50X) and digital zoom (100X) in
    >> their interpretation of the specs.

    >
    >
    > You're right.
    >
    > John



    Today (Thursday, 5-9-13), on its Web site, I contacted Target about the
    error. I received an e-mail reply, saying that "any necessary
    corrections" will be made.

    John
     
    John Turco, May 10, 2013
    #3
  4. John Turco

    John Turco Guest

    On 5/9/2013 10:32 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-05-09 20:03:46 -0700, John Turco <> said:
    >
    >> On 5/8/2013 9:40 PM, John Turco wrote:
    >>> On 5/8/2013 8:19 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    >>>> On 2013-05-08 17:09:27 -0700, John Turco <> said:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Whoa..."Target" <http://www.target.com> has scooped the digicam media:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Target - Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 16MP Digital Camera with 100x Optical
    >>>>> Zoom - Black
    >>>>> <http://www.target.com/p/fujifilm-finepix-sl1000-16mp-digital-camera-with-100x-optical-zoom-black/-/A-14493901#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink>
    >>>>>

    >
    >
    >
    > This should come as a huge surprise to everyone (Fuji, especially).
    >>>>>
    >>>>> John
    >>>>
    >>>> I guess Target flipped the optical zoom (50X) and digital zoom
    >>>> (100X) in their interpretation of the specs.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> You're right.
    >>>
    >>> John

    >>
    >>
    >> Today (Thursday, 5-9-13), on its Web site, I contacted Target about
    >> the error. I received an e-mail reply, saying that "any necessary
    >> corrections" will be made.
    >>
    >> John

    >
    > Oh! Joy!
    > The Grand Scrutineer has struck again.



    The corrections were finally made; I just noticed, today (Thursday,
    5-23-13).

    Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 16MP Digital Camera with 50x Optical Zoom - Black
    <http://www.target.com/p/fujifilm-finepix-sl1000-16mp-digital-camera-with-50x-optical-zoom-black/-/A-14493901>

    John
     
    John Turco, May 23, 2013
    #4
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Similar Threads
  1. amyotte

    4Mpix with 3X opt or 3Mpix with 4X optical zoom?

    amyotte, Oct 25, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    773
    Hans-Georg Michna
    Oct 26, 2003
  2. Don

    True 10X optical zoom?

    Don, Nov 23, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    30
    Views:
    1,991
  3. JAlves

    Recommendations for 5MP & 5X Optical Zoom Camera

    JAlves, Dec 6, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    3,466
    High Sierra
    Dec 7, 2003
  4. electronbomb

    How much are optical zoom & pixels worth?

    electronbomb, Dec 27, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    710
    Don Stauffer
    Dec 28, 2003
  5. Dave

    difference between 3X and 4X optical zoom

    Dave, Dec 30, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    20,556
  6. KyJim

    optical zoom

    KyJim, Jan 28, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    872
    Don Stauffer
    Jan 29, 2004
  7. Ray

    Digital Zoom versus Optical Zoom

    Ray, May 30, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    1,003
  8. SMS
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    428
Loading...