    the works?
    Otherwise, the only alternative I can think of to accomodate this is to
    double the port density at the access layer

    Bill F, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Bill F

    Scooby Guest

    I know that you can get the 3550 with inline power. But, that is just a
    100Mb, not Gig. That said, I'm not sure how you plan on implementing this.
    The switch provides power to the phone - that is still running at 100Mb.
    What good are the Gb ports to you? Or, are you now planning on plugging the
    phones into separate ports than the pcs? Is there a module for the phones
    that does Gb?

    Scooby, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Bill F

    chris Guest

    Since the phones don't support gigabit, isn't this a pointless
    upgrade?

    -Chris

    chris, Jan 15, 2004