10/100 ethernet hub not lit up for my xp pro on my 1 client ms win servr ntk.>>>

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by 69er, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. 69er

    69er Guest

    *hub light from ms win y2k server is not lit.
    *LAN connection is present.
    *NAC is functioning ;driver is signed.
    *cable been checked.
    *most possi cause hub is fangled.
    *26/08/04.09.57am.
    *alerted ms technet community forum
    *alerted computeach
    *2 days ago ...no replies or real help as yet ??
    *check hub...how??
    *switch cables around on hub...no lights now !!!
    *cannot ping
    *cannot thus add winxp pro 2 domain (win y2kservr 03
    evalutn domain contrllr.Actv Drctry installd 23/08/04.
    22.15pm.
    *noticed at 10.55am 26/08/04 that server cable was
    incorrectly wired ie not straight but a hybrid mix.
    *11.25 am 26/08/04 server cable was not wired correctly...
    recursive action led to a succesful ping frm server& both
    hub green LED lights for cable/ ports frm client & server
    are lit
    *failed ping on win xp pro laptop 11.25am 26/08/04
    *pulled out xp pro cable & checked it. Its not working.
    *NAC on XP ok
    *LED light for xp pro will not work now.11.40
    *server ping failed(timed out)x 4
    *cable frm xp pro being renewed
    *xp pro ping = destn host unreachable x4.nac
    light 10mbs off on xp usb nac.lan connctn unplugged.
    *swapped cables on hub; light stays wth server;hub ok.
    *tried installing xp nac driver agn;no joy
    *time now 13.10 unresolved.
    *on system/device manager/NAC/advanced tab.enabled:
    1.wakeup frame wake up
    2.magic packet wake up
    3.early transfer wake up/link charge wake up?

    69er, Aug 26, 2004

  2. 69er

    kpg Guest

    My technical writing instructor would have a cow.

    kpg, Aug 26, 2004

  3. 69er

    Brian Guest

    <confusion snipped>

    What you say?
    You try to confuse!

    Brian, Aug 26, 2004
  4. 69er

    Ben Guest

    I want the last 5 minutes of my life back!

    Ben, Aug 26, 2004
  5. 69er

    Dragon Guest

    Is that how long it took you to read this or was that the time you were
    thinking what is this moron trying to do?

    Dragon, Aug 26, 2004
  6. 69er

    Ben Guest

    Time to read it, was making my eyes go all funny just looking at it. I still
    haven't figured out what he was/is trying to do! It's obvious what the
    problem is though!
    He's using Win XP!
    It's incompatible with PC's and should only be used as a coster under
    steaming hot cups of lava java!

    Ben, Aug 26, 2004
  7. 69er

    Mike T. Guest

    4. Cast +2 spell?
    5. Roll initiative?

    Mike T., Aug 26, 2004
  8. 69er

    Neil Guest

    I was going to go with
    4. wakeup littlesuzy wake up

    Neil, Aug 27, 2004
  9. circa Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:28:28 -0500, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, kpg () said,
    S/he is not the only one. I'm still cringing.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Aug 29, 2004