1 PC, 2 connections - will this be ok?

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by goofer1984, Jul 11, 2005.

  1. goofer1984

    goofer1984 Guest

    Hi,

    I own a Dell Dimension 4600 PC which has been plugged into a wired
    broadband connection in my house at uni for about a year.

    I am now living back at home and we are in the process of setting up a
    wireless broadband connection for which I will be buying a wireless
    network card.

    Will alternating between these two "networks" (the wired connection
    isn't really a network, just a broadband connection and I have a
    feeling the wireless one will be similar) affect my computer and are
    there any problems which could occur by having these two connections on
    my PC?

    Also, will having two broadband packages installed on the PC work? I
    think they are both going to be NTL - the wired one certainly is.

    Thanks
    Rob

    goofer1984, Jul 11, 2005

  2. goofer1984

    Conor Guest

    Non at all.
    Why would you need to install one at all? All it does is configure your
    e-mail client, add a stupid IE logo and possibly crap you don't need or
    want.

    Conor, Jul 11, 2005