1 Office to Another with TriBox CE

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by SmallGuySmallCompany, Apr 6, 2008.

  1. SmallGuySmallCompany

    SmallGuySmallCompany

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I was wondering if anyone knew if TriBox CE could handle the following problem.

    TriBox info here: http://www.trixbox.com/products/trixbox-ce/features

    Our Company

    We have our main office with two people in it with a couple of dedicated IP address and a pretty good connection.
    We have two people in different states that use a SIP service provider in their home offices.

    How we want to set up TriBox CE

    We would like to set up a new box with TriBox CE on it and use one of our dedicated IP addresses.
    Connect two IP phones to the box using a router in the main office.
    Configure the TriBox to use our SIP service provider to access the outside world.
    Have the two people in different states use an IP Phone to connect to TriBox CE on the dedicated IP.

    Would this allow us to transfer calls to each other and to the outside world using our SIP Service Provider?

    If this would not work is there a solution one would recommend to achieve the same results?

    Thanks for you help!

    small guy, at a small company

    SmallGuySmallCompany, Apr 6, 2008

  2. SmallGuySmallCompany

    ninop

    Joined:
    May 9, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Venezuela
    Hello there.

    I am currently a user of Trixbox CE, and we are using about 6 'boxes around our country, with about 200 users, mixing softphone users and ip-phones.

    I'm sure that with the right config, this can be easily done. You must be very aware about the network security, with state-checking firewalls and vpn's between your sites, and if posible check the QoS Settings to improve the user's experience.

    I recommend you to set up a lab first, (this can be done with 2 pc's), put trixbox on it , and begin testing.

    Let me know if you need futher help.

    ninop, May 9, 2008