1 GB CF Card from Wal-Mart any good?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Phil Philipp, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. Phil Philipp

    Phil Philipp Guest

    Phil Philipp, Dec 26, 2003

  2. Phil Philipp

    Katie Guest

    Amazing price, provided you purchased for canadian $.

    Katie, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Phil Philipp

    IMKen Guest

    a few months ago I purchased brand new Viking 256 MB cards on eBay at $27 US
    which is about as cheap as one can get. I like the 256 size as they are
    adequate and should something get corrupted you lose much less.
    The Vikings work fine in my D100

    IMKen, Dec 26, 2003
  4. Phil Philipp

    Phil Guest

    I'm with you.

    Rather have four 256M than a single 1024M.

    Phil

    Phil, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Phil Philipp

    Andrew Guest

    Slightly more expesive at buy.com ($209.99 US - $50 rebate)
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10340687&loc=101&sp=1

    If you prefer SanDisk: a 1GB CF card for $213.18 US - $50 rebate.
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10318746&loc=101&sp=1

    Andrew

    Andrew, Dec 26, 2003
  6. Phil Philipp

    Don Coon Guest

    Why do you say that? The cheapest 1gig CF card runs about $197 at newegg.com
    but no rebate. If you can get a 1gig Viking for $150 after rebate, it's a
    good deal.

    Don Coon, Dec 26, 2003
  7. Stefan Patric, Dec 26, 2003
  8. Phil Philipp

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I have Viking CF cards and they never gave me trouble. As for the speed, it
    depends if the camera can write faster.
    Rosita

    HRosita, Dec 26, 2003
  9. Phil Philipp

    Phil Philipp Guest

    Thanks to the advice of some, I bypassed on the 1 Gb card and got a 256
    Mb SimpleTech from Sams for about $46. It stores over 100 images of
    fairly high resolution. For vacation or whatever, I'll just pick up a
    spare one or two.

    Phil Philipp, Dec 30, 2003