    it does come up with the word capitalized. Same for a lot of proper names.

    Just felt like sharing on some progress I saw,
    Tono

    Tono, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Tono

    .BRIAN. Guest

    Did they add Mozilla, Thunderbird, Firebird, or Firefox by any chance? :-D

    .BRIAN., Apr 5, 2004

  3. Tono

    Tono Guest

    No, not yet. Maybe they never heard of those names? I'm not
    complaining though, Mozilla didn't cost me much anyway. :-D

    Tono

    Tono, Apr 5, 2004
  4. Tono

    Moz Champion Guest

    You can add the word yourself. Simply click on Add Word.

    Moz Champion, Apr 5, 2004
  5. Tono

    .BRIAN. Guest

    I know, and I have ;-) But I've always found it rather humorous that
    the Mozilla dictionary doesn't contain the word 'Mozilla'.

    .BRIAN., Apr 5, 2004
  6. Tono

    Moz Champion Guest

    The Mozilla dictionary isnt written by Mozilla, it was adapted from a dictionary available from open sources.

    Moz Champion, Apr 5, 2004
  7. Tono

    .BRIAN. Guest

    OK. You mean to tell me that you don't find it funny at all? :)

    .BRIAN., Apr 6, 2004
  8. Tono

    Moz Champion Guest

    Um, no. Should I? <g>

    Moz Champion, Apr 6, 2004
  9. Tono

    Tono Guest

    Yes, I know. Actually it wasn't long ago when that feature didn't work
    for me either. I forget what version it was, but I could add a word to
    the dictionary 20 times and it would still peg it as a misspelling.

    And like Brian wrote, it's just plain funny that those particular words
    were missed! :) And it used to try to fix spelling mistakes of the
    people you quoted, that is fixed also. Now if I can get them to skip
    spellchecking the very top line in a quoted text, the name before the "
    wrote:" like here "Moz" came up, but I didn't write that!

    Tono

    Tono, Apr 6, 2004
  10. Well it may be funny, and it kind of is, but Moz used the dictionary
    from OpenOffice.org for their spellchecker, rather then build a new one
    from scratch. Its an example of open source sharing.

    Just add in amy words you need to your custom dictionary.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Apr 6, 2004