    By the way, this is a Gateway 910 Series server.
    thanks in advance!
    Jazz Mann

    jameson, Nov 18, 2003

  2. jameson

    chrisrobin Guest

    its a socket 370t which will accept pentium III which maxs out at 1.4 ghz
    too but has twice the cache and run on a 133 bus. need to check your memory
    make sure its 133. But the price for one of those is quite hefty allmost
    200 dollars for that pentiumIII 1.4 chip. Not worth it to me. for 200
    dollars you could buy a new nforce2 board and cpu and pick up 256mb ddr.

    chrisrobin, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    Any particular reason why? That's probably a P4-core Celeron, and
    if it is, all you're really missing is L2 cache. (As in, I don't think
    Intel shipped a Tualarin 1.4GHz Celeron ... )
    Now I AM confused. 1.4G Celerons aren't slotted, they're socketted.

    Either the P3 (if it's a P3 based Celeron) or the P4 of the same
    socket. Yes, there's two of them.

    Get the most recent BIOS and a close-speed version of the P3/P4 for
    it.
    Did you bother checking the Gateway web site?

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 19, 2003