    can i take the 072-272 and 070-271 and get a MCDST or do i have to take 2
    with the same starting numbers?

    Thanks

    StealthZ, Jun 5, 2007

  2. StealthZ

    John R Guest

    I never heard of 72-272 or 72-271.
    You can find the requirements for MCDST here....
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.mspx

    John R

    John R, Jun 5, 2007

  3. If I remember correctly, the 072 exams deal with the AATC testing
    program. The AATC testing program offers students and instructors of
    academic institutions the opportunity to take a subset of the
    Microsoft's exams at a reduced price. I believe this is the only
    difference. So my unofficial answer is yes you can. I have dropped an
    email to my Microsoft Learning contacts to verify.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 6, 2007

  4. From Rob Linsky, Microsoft Certification:

    You are correct...the 072 exams are exams that are discounted for
    students at accredited secondary schools and institutions of higher
    learning. The content on the 072 exams is exactly the same as the 070
    exams and they build up to the exact same certifications.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], Jun 6, 2007