    My weakest areas on the actual exam were Consuming and Manipulating Data,
    testing and debugging and Maintaining and supporting a website....should I
    just read hard on these areas and retake the test as soon as possible.

    airwalker, Mar 30, 2006

  2. airwalker

    Simon Hart Guest

    I beleive the Amit Kalani books do not go into enough detail in ADO.NET. I
    used MSDN to brush up on my ADO.NET skills as I barly passed my first exam
    70-316 with 720. All MCAD exams contain ADO.NET in particular 70-320.

    I haven't bought an ADO.NET book but you might want to search Amazon for one
    if you prefer reading a book rather than hunting on MSDN.

    Good luck next time!
    Simon.

    Simon Hart, Mar 30, 2006

  3. airwalker

    rmacias Guest

    The appendix of the Kalani book(s?) should have an ADO .NET "Refresher"
    section in it (or at least mine did). I found that adequate for test
    preparation. My ADO .NET experience is rather limited (my job doesn't
    require it as much) and I did pretty well on that section. Practice is
    always the best teacher though.

    rmacias, Mar 30, 2006
  4. airwalker

    Jash Guest

    Jash, Mar 30, 2006
  5. airwalker

    Jash Guest

    Jash, Mar 30, 2006
  6. airwalker

    Cerebrus Guest

    Hi,

    You have mentioned some of the most important areas. These, in fact,
    are some of the key objectives mentioned in the Preparation guide at
    the MS Learning site.

    I do think that if you read up a lot on these topics, you should have
    no problem. But your concepts in all the mentioned exam objectives
    should be *very* strong! I just read up a lot on the local MSDN help,
    especially for the ADO.NET topics.

    Instead, I would advise that you look for other sources of information
    on the topics. Even if you get a lot of free test questions from
    somewhere, how do you know what questions will be on the exam ? IMO,
    nothing substitutes for solid knowledge.

    And while you're at it, you might check out this excellent review of
    the exam :

    <http://mcpmag.com/reviews/exams/article.asp?EditorialsID=98>

    HTH,

    Regards,