070-305 help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by sonali, Mar 21, 2005.

  1. sonali

    sonali Guest

    I am preparing for 070-305 exam which is tomorrow. I would
    like to know the answer for the following question.

    One of the pages in your ASP.NET application has a
    DataGrid control that displays records with contact
    info. The DataGrid control is populated from an
    existing database when the page is created.
    The page also contains TextBoxes that allow users to
    update their personal information, such as address and
    telephone number. You need to ensure that the page is
    refreshed as quickly as possible when users update
    their contact information.What should you do?

    answers:
    A] Populate DataGrid in Page.Load event, only when
    IsPostBack property of the page is false
    B] Populate DataGrid in Page.Load event, only when
    IsPostBack property of the page is true
    C] Set the EnableViewState property of the DataGrid to
    false
    D] Set the Validate property of the DataGrid to false

    I would really appreciate if somebody can give me a
    correct answer for this question.

    sonali, Mar 21, 2005

  2. sonali

    newbie Guest

    I think the answer is [A].

    The key is "we need to ensure that the page is refreshed
    when users update their info."

    It means that in Page.Load event we need to refresh the
    datagrind values with new update info from the users.

    newbie, Mar 22, 2005

  3. sonali

    Husain Guest

    I believe the answer for this should be option C.

    If we disable the view state, then the amount of data
    that is actually transferred from the client to the
    server and back would be reduced. As this is a datagrid
    with textboxes, this would cause a significant reduction
    in the view state data.

    Husain, Mar 24, 2005