£9.99 - ADSL Services

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by News Reader, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Dear All,

    Re: Below £10 per month ADSL services

    I am interested in the current providers of discount or very cheap ADSL
    services. The particular interest is in:

    - *kbps ADSL service - any speed (128kbps +)
    - no minimum contract (including 12 month cancellation penalties or any
    similar variation thereat!)
    - £10 per month or less
    - no transfer restrictions / caps
    - no usage limitations (service types, time of day limiting, etc.)

    These are in order of necessity / importance where the first two cannot be
    varied and the last three are in order of increasing flexibility. Perhaps
    the easiest presentation of the requirements / preferences would be in four
    groups:

    i) *kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, <£10 per month, no
    restrictions
    ii) *kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, >£10 per month but <£15 per
    month, no restrictions
    iii) *kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, <£10 per month, some
    restrictions
    iv) *kbps ADSL service, some minimum contract, <£10 per month, no
    restrictions

    At the moment I can put a few services into a number of these categories but
    am presently unable to put any into the category I am most interest in
    (category "i")!

    Here are some services I am able to put in each category. Any information /
    others you are able to place into these categories would be much appreciated
    (hopefully / preferably category "i" !).

    Category "i"
    =========
    (*kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, <£10 per month, no restrictions)

    None known at present (previously EFHBroadband)

    Category "ii"
    =========
    (*kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, >£10 per month but <£15 per month,
    no restrictions)

    adsl4less.co.uk - £14.99 for 512k unlimited service

    Category "iii"
    =========
    (*kbps ADSL service, no minimum contract, <£10 per month, some restrictions)

    adsl4less.co.uk - £9.99 for upto 8mbps limited service (max 2 gigabytes per
    month)
    efhbroadband - £13.99 for upto 8mpbs limited service (max. 1 gigabyte per
    month)
    efhbroadband - £14.99 for upto 8mpbs limited service (max. 2 gigabyte per
    month)

    Category "iv"
    =========
    (*kbps ADSL service, some minimum contract, <£10 per month, no restrictions)

    ukonline - £9.99 for 512k or 1mb (LLU service) - 12 month minimum contract

    I look forward to and appreciate any / your input.

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, Apr 10, 2006

  2. News Reader

    Old Codger Guest

    If you find a supplier don't use them as they will not be around for long
    (or will very soon be adding restriction).
    Doubt if that is economically viable either.
    Lots of restrictions if they are to be economically viable.
    Suspect adsl4less is not viable in the longer term.
    LLU so possible, but I would think there will have to be some restrictions
    at that price.

    --
    Old Codger
    e-mail use reply to field