£150 to £250 dig\cam.which and why

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by p.mc, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. p.mc

    p.mc Guest

    I'm buying my first digital camera and will be using it mainly for family
    photos, but I would also like to take some shots that will be used as
    desktop wallpaper in 1024x768. I have looked around online too, but I
    thought I'd post to this group for your opinions.
    Which online gave the Olympus C 4000 thier best buy in my price range, will
    this do as I've asked?

    High street price £300 Online price £208
    KEY INFO
    Effective resolution (megapixels) 4
    Zoom range 32 - 96
    Size (wxhxd) (cm) 11.5x8x7.5Weight (g) 416
    Number of batteries 4 Not rechargeable
    FEATURES
    Manual focus
    Short video recording
    No sound recording
    Compatible memory cards SM
    Image quality settings 23
    OVERVIEW
    This Best Buy camera produced good quality images,but doesn't record sound
    with its short video clips.

    If you know of something better or more suitable please feel free to add
    your opinions.
    --
    Regards
    p.mc

    For personal replies please leave or type signature
    "p.mc" In the body of the message otherwise
    posts will not be received.
    Thanks

    p.mc, Mar 4, 2004

  2. p.mc

    Lucas Tam Guest

    That's a great choice. Also take a look at the Canon S400, Canon Powershot
    S50, and the Canon G3. Nikon also makes several good camera.

    You may also want to look at the C4040, it adds a couple of nice features
    missing from the C4000. In anycase, the C4000 is a nice camera.

    Lucas Tam, Mar 4, 2004