£15.99 Broadband in the UK

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by Chris James, Nov 19, 2003.

  1. Chris James

    Chris James Guest

    Chris James, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Chris James

    Steven Burn Guest

    DO NOT GO WITH TISCALI!!!!!!!!!!!

    http://forums.zdnet.co.uk/community/showpost.cgi?forum=anchordesk&Cat=&Board
    =Telecomms&Number=4181&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

    Unfortunately, non-Tiscali members can't access the Tiscali member forum, or
    you would get a better idea of why I have said what I have. The above should
    give a "general" idea.

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Chris James

    Bat Guano Guest

    Good luck with making enough money from this referral scheme to have a
    happy Christmas.

    Bat Guano, Nov 19, 2003
  4. No mention of 15.00 on the site mentioned anyway only 19.99 and
    27.99.
    Grant .

    Grant Crozier, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Chris James

    Bat Guano Guest

    Bat Guano, Nov 19, 2003
  6. Grant Crozier, Nov 19, 2003
  7. Chris James

    Steven Burn Guest

    it's definately not worth it considering I can guarantee you will spend more
    time on the phone to Tiscali's completely useless Tech dept, than you'll
    spend actually using it!!

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Nov 19, 2003
  8. This is only a limited broadband or in other words a cut down version
    limited to a max speed of 150k or 3 times that of a standard dial up
    service, is it worth it when Pipex are offering 10 x standard dialup service
    for £24 a month, I don't think so.

    graham butcher, Nov 19, 2003
  9. Chris James

    Tx2 Guest

    odd ... i know of two people who use Tiscali BB, and a few more who use
    dial-up, and none get (rarely) any problems?

    Tx2, Nov 19, 2003
  10. Chris James

    Steven Burn Guest

    Tis a pity you don't have access to the Tiscali user forum's ;o) (the
    Broadband support and feedback forums are full of complains).

    --

    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Nov 19, 2003
  11. Chris James

    Tx2 Guest

    Perfect for someone who sends / receives larger files via internet, or
    who has a requirement for always on access to get immediate notification
    of a new email et al. I have customers who would be very interested,
    except we can't get that particular service in this area.

    But for the same money as a FRIACO type dial-up .... i know which
    connection i'd sooner have!

    Still, i remember Freeserve getting well 'knocked' when they introduced
    no tariff internet access, so i guess the moment an ISP tries to do
    something to lower the cost of access in the UK, the critics just have
    to come out in force.

    Tx2, Nov 19, 2003
  12. Chris James

    John Rumm Guest

    Looks pretty poor value next to PlusNets 512K offering at 18.99/month

    --
    Cheers,

    John.

    John Rumm, Nov 19, 2003
  13. Chris James

    Tx2 Guest

    As are every ISP's forums ... even Plusnet (a highly regarded ISP) get
    customers complaining within their internal newsgroups. It is not
    exclusive to Tiscali.

    Tx2, Nov 19, 2003
  14. Chris James

    Bob Eager Guest

    They were advertising it on Classic FM this morning - at '3 times
    faster' so probably 150K.

    Bob Eager, Nov 19, 2003
  15. Chris James

    Paul Guest

    True, no ISP is immune. But just go and compare Tiscali with other ISPs at
    an independent site such as http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/compare.asp and
    they don't come out smelling of roses.

    For instance I just picked some big names at random to compare: AOL, BT
    Broadband, Demon, Freeserve, ntlworld, Tiscali

    Paul, Nov 20, 2003
  16. Chris James

    John Rumm Guest

    Try again with A&A, Nildram, and PlusNet for example - Tiscali get well
    and truly trounced in all catagories.

    --
    Cheers,

    John.

    John Rumm, Nov 21, 2003
  17. Chris James

    Paul Guest

    Well I didn't want to rub his nose in it too much - I'm with Eclipse ;)

    Paul, Nov 21, 2003