£10 broadband for the lucky :)

Discussion in 'Broadband' started by ¬Stephen Hammond, Apr 12, 2005.

  1. ¬Stephen Hammond, Apr 12, 2005

  2. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Rob Guest

    Rob, Apr 12, 2005

  3. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Phil Chung Guest

    I just got the e-mail from UK Online today saying it's available at my
    exchange. Won't be able to get 8Mbps, but may just be able to get 4Mbps.

    Phil Chung, Apr 12, 2005
  4. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Rob Guest

    Yeah I'm the same - my exchange is 8Mb enabled - but I have my doubts I'll
    get the full 8Mb on this line. Although I'm not much more than 500m line
    length from the exchange, my line is old.

    Rob, Apr 12, 2005
  5. How do you know your line length - is there somewhere you can see the
    route BT wiring takes?

    dave @ stejonda, Apr 12, 2005
  6. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Rob Guest

    17071 - (I think that was the number)automated BT diagnostics - used to
    give you a calculated line length from your phone to the exchange - I say
    used to, BT stopped that function as too many people started using it.

    Rob, Apr 12, 2005
  7. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Rob Guest

    Sorry it was 17070

    Rob, Apr 12, 2005
  8. it connects here but you have to enter the number of 'your authorised
    mobile number or PIN' to make any tests work :-/

    dave @ stejonda, Apr 12, 2005
  9. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Gaz Guest

    Gaz, Apr 12, 2005
  10. ¬Stephen Hammond

    T i m Guest

    I doubt it would be me .. if they 'unbundled' my LL it would fall to
    bits .. nasty ally cable ;-(

    I wonder what BT accountant got paid a fortune for that money saving
    idea .. ? ;-(

    All the best ..

    T i m (Ex BT)

    T i m, Apr 12, 2005
  11. ¬Stephen Hammond

    Sunil Sood Guest

    On their LLU exchanges they are not limited to BT Wholesale's line limits.

    On non-LLU exchanges they would be..

    Regards
    Sunil

    Sunil Sood, Apr 12, 2005