    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Thus spaketh Dave Saville:
    > Any experience anybody?
    >
    > Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't
    > find any for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :) Had a
    > bad time with a PAP2.

    Strange I've not known anyone have any problem with a PAP2, and I've
    certainly never had a problem, other than with VoIPStunt holding open
    the line after hang up, but that was fix with an update. It's an
    excellent ATA.

    --
    Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
    3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For £5 airtime bonus contact via:

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 29, 2006

  3. Dave Saville

    Guest

    Dave Saville <> wrote:
    > Any experience anybody?
    >
    > Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
    > for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :) Had a bad time with a
    > PAP2.

    My experience with a Zyxel 2602HW router with VOIP ports was that it
    worked OK in a basic configuration but if you tried to use Bandwidth
    Management and detailed firewall rules then it got a bit unreliable
    (would need restarting rather frequently).

    If you mean standalone VOIP interfaces then I've no experience.

    (I now use a Speedtouch 716WL and that seems to work very reliably,
    though it has rather fewer facilities than the Zyxel)

    --
    Chris Green

    , Jun 29, 2006
  4. Dave Saville

    David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Dave Saville writes
    >Any experience anybody?
    >
    >Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
    >for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :) Had a bad time with a
    >PAP2.

    Absolutely no problem. I have two SPA3000, one Sipura and one Linksys.
    Never had any problem. Mind you I think they have a steep learning curve
    to get it right. :-(

    David

    David Floyd, Jun 29, 2006
  5. Dave Saville

    Ian Smith Guest

    Dave Saville wrote:

    > Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
    > for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :) Had a bad time with a
    > PAP2.

    Tried a ZyXel on F9. Complete failure - one way calls mainly. I
    don't know whether this was a faulty router or the F9 service.

    I returned it and got a refund.

    regards, Ian

    Ian Smith, Jun 29, 2006
  6. Dave Saville

    Wira One Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:51:48 +0100, Dave Saville wrote:

    > Any experience anybody?
    >
    > Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
    > for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :) Had a bad time with a
    > PAP2.

    I've been using my Linksys PAP2 for the last six months and I've zero
    problem with it. Wondering what sort of problem do you have with your PAP2.

    Wira One, Jun 29, 2006
  7. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:25:44 GMT, Wira One wrote:

    >On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:51:48 +0100, Dave Saville wrote:
    >
    >> Any experience anybody?
    >>
    >> Google shows lots of problems with Linkysys and Sipura, but I can't find any
    >> for Zyxel. Either it is good or nobody uses them :) Had a bad time with a
    >> PAP2.

    >I've been using my Linksys PAP2 for the last six months and I've zero
    >problem with it. Wondering what sort of problem do you have with your PAP2.

    I just *knew* when I posted that there would be N posts saying how wonderful
    PAP2s are :)

    Noise, static, hissing whatever you want to call it. The "phone off hook in 2nd
    port" trick did not work either. There seems to be a high number of google hits
    to do with linksys/sipura ATAs and static. Once bitten............

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jun 29, 2006
  8. Dave Saville

    WiraOne Guest

    "Dave Saville" <> wrote in

    > I just *knew* when I posted that there would be N posts saying how
    > wonderful PAP2s are :)
    >
    > Noise, static, hissing whatever you want to call it. The "phone off
    > hook in 2nd port" trick did not work either. There seems to be a high
    > number of google hits to do with linksys/sipura ATAs and static. Once
    > bitten............

    Ah, I guess the "real" problem is due to many Linksys/Sipura users out
    there compared to either Zyxel or Zoom. I was looking for information on
    Zoom ATAs last week but I couldn't find any review/discussion or any
    info on what the differences between Zoom 5800 and 5805. This conclude
    either Zoom owners are happy with the devices they have as is.. or not
    that many people own Zoom branded ATAs.

    WiraOne, Jun 29, 2006
  9. Dave Saville

    Martin² Guest

    I have had Zyxel 2602 HWL VoIP router for a year now, ever since they come
    out.
    Works perfectly well, specially now that it synchs at 8Mb/s.
    It has QoS and can receive calls from both lines on one phone.
    The only drawback is only 10 speed dial No.s and no dial plan.
    I am pretty sure their 2002 ATA is the same thing without the modem, router
    and WiFi bits.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jun 30, 2006
  10. Dave Saville

    alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > (I now use a Speedtouch 716WL and that seems to work very reliably,
    > though it has rather fewer facilities than the Zyxel)

    If the 2602HW is anything like the Prestige 6xx series of routers, then the
    command line interface is full of useful networking tools, especially handy
    if a customer has one on site and you're trying to debug issues for them.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    09:38:19 up 11 days, 22:19, 3 users, load average: 0.41, 0.36, 0.21

    alexd, Jun 30, 2006