Zycoo ZX20 anybody?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Tim Greening-Jackson, Nov 18, 2012.

1. I'm about to buy a Zycoo ZX20 mini IP PBX for use in my apartment (yes, I know it's overkill, but I'm sick of telemarketing calls). According to the manual it looks astonishing for the price. Has anybody out there used one? I'm doing this as an alternative to sticking a 1xFXO/1xFXS card in my Linux host at home and manually configuring Asterisk. Are there any pitfalls?

As I understand it, it is a little dedicated Linux host running Asterisk, so in *principle* I should be able to alter the configuration to do some stuff not covered in the manual (e.g. complex routing on the basis of groups of incoming CLI, automatically routing calls from WITHHELD CLI to a recordedmessage telling them to go away etc.). Can anyone recommend good Asterisk fora online?

Finally the last time I dealt with SIP handsets was a number of years ago when standards weren't as mature as they hopefully are now. Can anybody recommend decent handsets - ideally a desktop one for my office and a DECT/WiFione for wandering around. Siemens Gigaset?

Cheers.

Tim.
    Tim Greening-Jackson, Nov 18, 2012
    1. Advertising

2. Tim Greening-Jackson

meerz

This is a great IP PBX available at fraction of cost. You can buy it cheap at direct786 (dot) com
    meerz, Jan 24, 2013
    1. Advertising