    Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ

    Brett Roberts, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Brett Roberts

    thing2 Guest

    Brett Roberts wrote:
    > FYI, we've added Zotob to the MSRT available at
    > http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/families.mspx
    >
    > The tools also cleans out the following viruses and worms:
    >
    > Bagle, Bagz, Berbew, Blaster, Bobax, Bropia, DoomJuice, Dumaru,
    > Esbot, Gaobot, Goweh, Hacker Defender, , Hacty, Ispro, Kelvir, Korgo,
    > Lovgate, Mimail, Mydoom, Mytob, Nachi, Netsky, Optix, Optixpro, ,
    > Purstiu, Randex, Rbot, Sasser, Sdbot, Sober, Sobig, Spybot,
    > Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos
    >

    > Brett Roberts
    > Microsoft NZ

    How about esbot.b and .c?

    its killing us

    :/

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Brett Roberts

    thing2 Guest

    thing2 wrote:
    > Brett Roberts wrote:
    >
    >> FYI, we've added Zotob to the MSRT available at
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/families.mspx
    >>
    >> The tools also cleans out the following viruses and worms:
    >>
    >> Bagle, Bagz, Berbew, Blaster, Bobax, Bropia, DoomJuice, Dumaru,
    >> Esbot, Gaobot, Goweh, Hacker Defender, , Hacty, Ispro, Kelvir,
    >> Korgo, Lovgate, Mimail, Mydoom, Mytob, Nachi, Netsky, Optix,
    >> Optixpro, , Purstiu, Randex, Rbot, Sasser, Sdbot, Sober, Sobig,
    >> Spybot, Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos
    >>

    >> Brett Roberts
    >> Microsoft NZ
    >>

    > How about esbot.b and .c?
    >
    > its killing us
    >
    > :/
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    esbot.a

    Low. Vulnerabilities related to Microsoft software have not been found;
    only one vector of infection is known; new vectors of infection have not
    been found; the distribution potential is low; unique data destruction
    has not occurred; and significant disruption of service has not occurred.

    Yeah right, try upgrading to at least medium for b and c....

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Aug 19, 2005
  4. "thing2" <> wrote in message
    > Brett Roberts wrote:
    >> FYI, we've added Zotob to the MSRT available at
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/families.mspx
    >>
    >> The tools also cleans out the following viruses and worms:
    >>
    >> Bagle, Bagz, Berbew, Blaster, Bobax, Bropia, DoomJuice, Dumaru,
    >> Esbot, Gaobot, Goweh, Hacker Defender, , Hacty, Ispro, Kelvir,
    >> Korgo, Lovgate, Mimail, Mydoom, Mytob, Nachi, Netsky, Optix,
    >> Optixpro, , Purstiu, Randex, Rbot, Sasser, Sdbot, Sober, Sobig,
    >> Spybot, Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos
    >>

    >> Brett Roberts
    >> Microsoft NZ

    > How about esbot.b and .c?
    >
    > its killing us
    >
    > :/
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Not as yet but Symantec have an Esbot.A removal tool:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.esbot.removal.tool.html

    and information on removing Esbot.B:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.esbot.b.html

    They don't seem to have any info/guidance on Esbot.C as yet

    Brett Roberts, Aug 19, 2005
  5. thing2 wrote:
    >> FYI, we've added Zotob to the MSRT available at
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/families.mspx
    >> The tools also cleans out the following viruses and worms:
    >> Bagle, Bagz, Berbew, Blaster, Bobax, Bropia, DoomJuice, Dumaru,
    >> Esbot, Gaobot, Goweh, Hacker Defender, , Hacty, Ispro, Kelvir,
    >> Korgo, Lovgate, Mimail, Mydoom, Mytob, Nachi, Netsky, Optix,
    >> Optixpro, , Purstiu, Randex, Rbot, Sasser, Sdbot, Sober, Sobig,
    >> Spybot, Spyboter, Wootbot, Zafi, Zindos

    > How about esbot.b and .c?
    > its killing us

    adding it wont matter, the people who don't have the patches will likely
    not have the MSRT either.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 19, 2005