    How about "The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin"?

    "Maverick"?

    "Man from U.N.C.L.E."?

    Dr. Colombes, Nov 29, 2007

  2. Dr. Colombes wrote:

    > Is the "Zorro" (50s TV) DVD collection sold by ClassicTheater.com
    > copyright legal? It's hard to believe the studios would allow the
    > copyrights on those popular TV shows from the 50s and 60s to lapse.

    They didn't, they aren't, and it isn't:

    If you want "Zorro: Season 1" boxset in legal form, you'll either have
    to subscribe to the Disney Movie Club, or save up your Disney Movie
    Rewards points (about 750pts worth)--
    http://disney.videos.go.com/General/Acquisition/SignUp/TitleDetail?id=20102&pg=BrowseAZ&alphaCat=7
    It's one of those "exclusives" Disney was timid about mainstream
    marketing, and still languishing away in test-market obscurity for their
    club-member audience.

    Derek Janssen (on the upside, you can also get "Donald Duck in Mathmagic
    Land" on legit R1)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 29, 2007

  3. Derek Janssen, Nov 29, 2007
  4. Dr. Colombes

    Phisherman Guest

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:48:05 -0800 (PST), "Dr. Colombes"
    <> wrote:

    >Is the "Zorro" (50s TV) DVD collection sold by ClassicTheater.com
    >copyright legal? It's hard to believe the studios would allow the
    >copyrights on those popular TV shows from the 50s and 60s to lapse.
    >
    >How about "The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin"?
    >
    >"Maverick"?
    >
    >"Man from U.N.C.L.E."?

    If Netflix doesn't have it, I'd suspect it is illegal. Probably the
    seller, rather than the buyer, would be in trouble. I wanted "Song of
    the South" on DVD so the only way to get it was an underground source.

    Phisherman, Nov 29, 2007
  5. Dr. Colombes

    Kimba W Lion Guest

    Kimba W Lion, Nov 29, 2007
  6. Dr. Colombes

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stan Brown, Dec 1, 2007
  7. Derek Janssen, Dec 1, 2007
  8. Dr. Colombes

    Guest

    Bionic DVD's [was Re: Zorro TV series on DVD copyright legal ?]

    On Nov 29, 12:04 am, Derek Janssen <> wrote:

    > (And in answer to your next two questions, yes, Get Smart, same people,
    > and no, you don't wanna *know* the rights problems holding up Batman.)

    Tell me about it. I'm still waiting on "The Bionic Woman" and "The Six
    Million Dollar Man" in region 1. You'd think with the premier of the
    new Bionic Woman, they could have cut through the legal issues and
    gotten at least THAT one out. Must be mired down in some serious red
    tape for them to have missed that opportunity.

    Had a serious crush on Lindsay Wagoner as a kid. She wasn't the
    greatest actress, but she was at least better than that new twit (who
    gets shown up by Miguel Ferrer, Katee Sackoff, etc. in every scene).
    They should just kill off that new chick (and her annoying sister,
    played by an even worse "actress") and let Sackoff take the center
    stage anyway.

    Oops, went on a rant there. Oh well, that's what usenet is for.

    -Eric

    , Dec 11, 2007
  9. Re: Bionic DVD's [was Re: Zorro TV series on DVD copyright legal?]

    wrote:

    >>(And in answer to your next two questions, yes, Get Smart, same people,
    >>and no, you don't wanna *know* the rights problems holding up Batman.)

    > Tell me about it. I'm still waiting on "The Bionic Woman" and "The Six
    > Million Dollar Man" in region 1. You'd think with the premier of the
    > new Bionic Woman, they could have cut through the legal issues and
    > gotten at least THAT one out. Must be mired down in some serious red
    > tape for them to have missed that opportunity.

    Legal issues are over the original Martin Caidin "Cyborg" novel for both:
    Yes, studio cancelled that dopey Jim Carrey SM$M "movie version" they
    were going to make, but that means the book rights are still spoken for.

    ....Thanks LOADS, guys. -_-

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Dec 11, 2007
  10. Dr. Colombes

    Guest

    On Dec 10, 10:12 pm, Derek Janssen <> wrote:

    > that dopey Jim Carrey SM$M "movie version" they
    > were going to make

    I still get nightmares thinking about what that would have looked
    like.

    Jim Carrey is one of the top actors on my "Please, just leave
    already." list of once-decent-now-annoying actors (Jack Black is in
    the #1 spot, incidentally, followed by Robin Williams in a close 2nd).

    , Dec 11, 2007