    would ship with a "lesser" or "wimpier" capture software than the rest of
    the Canon line.

    BW

    BWL, Dec 3, 2004

  2. BWL

    Wright Guest

    On 12/3/04 3:28 PM, in article , "BWL"
    <> wrote:

    > My Canon G1 came with ZoomBrowser EX (I've updated to 5.0) a few years ago,
    > and I've gotten pretty comfortable with it. I just purchased a 20D, and it
    > came with the EOS Viewer Utility (latest update - 1,2,1,14), which works OK,
    > but I really want to be able to automatically transfer images from the
    > camera's CF card to dated folders on my PC, like Zoombrowser does. EOS
    > Viewer, as far as I can tell, simply presents the images on the card, and
    > the user selects and drags the images over to the hard drive manually. I
    > tried plugging the 20D into the PC and using ZoomBrowser to acquire, but it
    > didn't see the camera.
    >
    > Does anyone know if ZoomBrowser should work with the 20D? Or if not, can
    > the EOS Viewer Utility automatically transfer images and create folders on
    > the hard drive? It seems kind of strange that a brand-new high-end camera
    > would ship with a "lesser" or "wimpier" capture software than the rest of
    > the Canon line.
    >
    > BW

    There is an FAQ on Canon's web site that specifically mentions that the
    ZoomBrowser does not support the 20D and that the EOS Viewer Utility is
    Canon's program of choice for that camera (and probably future digital
    cameras). Why they did that and not just modify/update ZoomBrowser is
    beyond me - but that is what they did!
    Chuck

    Wright, Dec 4, 2004