Zoombrowser 4.6 date order wrong

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mark, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. mark

    mark Guest

    I have recently noticed that Zoombrowser 4.6 does not order pics in the
    order in which they were shot as per the embedded EXIF date data but by
    OS file date. I asked Canon support about this and received the
    following two reply.

    "You are correct when you say that zoom browser does not arrange photos
    by the date they where taken rather the date they where put into a folder."

    and when I asked about it being fixed...

    "There are no plans to change zoom browser in the immediate future, and
    as far as I am aware there no patches available with this function."

    I don't understand what they mean by "...rather the date they where put
    into a folder..." If they mean the file date then why didn't they just
    say that!

    They also didn't say that's the way its designed but said there were no
    patches. Thus conceding it must be a bug.

    Aarrgggh!

    Tks,
    mark

    mark, Jun 28, 2004