    Because your lovingkindness is better than life,
    my lips shall praise you. Psalm 63:3

    :-KaLunaKimo (TheBossJames) 2005.
    Junior Cortez, Nov 29, 2006

  2. Junior Cortez

    Impmon Guest

    On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 02:56:18 -1000, (Junior
    Cortez) wrote:

    >Could some please post thier own views on the Zoombox (It's the combo
    >dvd player/projector.)?

    Yes

    >It it any good or bad (How the dvd player,
    >the projected images,sound quality.)??

    DVD player's OK but the video sucks badly. For one thing, the video
    resolution is nowhere near that of a standard TV but about 2/3 that.
    So defiantly not good for hard core movie viewer as you'd noticed the
    reduced video quality.

    And the projector uses a cheap 12v lamp which is fine if you watch in
    full darkness. But even if a night light is on, video will seems weak
    and washed out.

    >Is it worth it price for this inexpensive combo or cheap toy made for
    >just for kids or big kids???

    It's probably OK for kid's slumber party at night but that's about it.
    Has to be used in a very dark room to be viewable.

    The only pluses I can think of are:

    1: external AV jack for playing VCR, game consoles, anything through
    the Zoombox so you're not limited to built in DVD player.

    2: replacement light bulb is readily available and cheap. Other
    projector uses hard to find bulb that can set you back a couple
    hundred or so.

    3: since it's 12v, fire hazard is greatly reduced. Other projector
    uses 120v lamp and can start a fire easily if kids buried the
    projector under blankets.

    4: cheap. Other projector starts at $500+, decent projectors usually
    are in the $1000 range.
    Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.
    Impmon, Nov 29, 2006