    Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
    Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
    t: 08456 388 955 | f: 08456 388 956 | e:

    Steve @ Aceinternet, Mar 25, 2006

  2. Steve @ Aceinternet

    Wavey Davey Guest

    Steve @ Aceinternet wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone have one of these voip routers and managed to get caller id to
    > work with a DECT handset for an incomming VOIP call?
    >
    > Caller ID works fine on PSTN calls, just not on incomming SIP calls.
    > Everything seems to be set up correctly.
    >
    > Steve

    Hi Steve,
    I have a similar setup to you. I have a Zoom V3 and a Philips Dect 211,
    which I use in voip only mode. When I initially bought my phone I found
    I could only get Caller ID to work by going into the technical settings
    of the phone and changing the Caller Identification type. So might be
    worth checking the phone's settings rather than your voip hardware.

    Dave

    Wavey Davey, Mar 26, 2006

  3. > I could only get Caller ID to work by going into the technical settings of
    > the phone and changing the Caller Identification type. So might be worth
    > checking the phone's settings rather than your voip hardware.

    Thanks Dave. I have not noticed any phone settings for caller ID, but I will
    look again.

    Steve @ Aceinternet, Mar 26, 2006
  4. No settings on the phone for caller ID, but I would not want to change that
    anyway, because PSTN caller id would not work then...

    Any other ideas?

    Steve

    Steve @ Aceinternet, Mar 27, 2006
  5. Steve @ Aceinternet

    JW Guest

    Steve @ Aceinternet wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Does anyone have one of these voip routers and managed to get caller id to
    > work with a DECT handset for an incomming VOIP call?
    >
    > Caller ID works fine on PSTN calls, just not on incomming SIP calls.
    > Everything seems to be set up correctly.

    The Zoom has a config setting for CLID, though it may be
    limited to either Bell or V.23 (sent after first ring), in
    which case UK CLID (sent before ringing) is not an option.
    You should check with Zoom support.

    JW, Mar 29, 2006
  6. > The Zoom has a config setting for CLID, though it may be limited to either
    > Bell or V.23 (sent after first ring), in which case UK CLID (sent before
    > ringing) is not an option.

    Yes, that's right, you can choose between Bell and V.23.

    I did check with Zoom support (after tryign to get through all evening -
    based in the US). Theys said "Caller ID will work fine with Global Village
    VOIP."

    I attempted to argue the situation and gave up.....

    Looks like it'll be traded in soon for a different ATA ;-)

    Steve

    Steve @ Aceinternet, Mar 29, 2006