  1. When I control-+ to zoom what is displayed, in-line images cause a problem with what is displayed (text seems to be on a separate layer from the images and so it is hard to read!)

    However, the image/page in Internet Explorer 7 displays properly.

    As an example, the following page when zoomed in Firefox does not display properly, like it does in IE 7: http://tinyurl.com/yr6h6m (selected from http://news.google.com at random!)
    Ross M. Greenberg, Mar 22, 2008

  2. Ross M. Greenberg, Mar 22, 2008

  3. Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
    > When I control-+ to zoom what is displayed, in-line images cause a problem with what is displayed (text seems to be on a separate layer from the images and so it is hard to read!)
    >
    > However, the image/page in Internet Explorer 7 displays properly.
    >
    > As an example, the following page when zoomed in Firefox does not display properly, like it does in IE 7: http://tinyurl.com/yr6h6m (selected from http://news.google.com at random!)

    the ctrl -+ are only for text [see the menu View, Text
    Zoom], thats why it doesn't work for images. If you want
    images to zoom, then you need an add-on for that, and you
    can find some here:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=zoom&status=4

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 22, 2008
  4. Ross M. Greenberg

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ross M. Greenberg wrote:
    > When I control-+ to zoom what is displayed, in-line images cause a
    > problem with what is displayed (text seems to be on a separate layer
    > from the images and so it is hard to read!)
    >
    > However, the image/page in Internet Explorer 7 displays properly.
    >
    > As an example, the following page when zoomed in Firefox does not
    > display properly, like it does in IE 7: http://tinyurl.com/yr6h6m
    > (selected from http://news.google.com at random!)

    Using Win XP. That page scales fine in SeaMonkey and Firefox. In IE7
    it expands horizontally requiring scrolling side to side. I suspect
    that may be related to IE7 also scaling images. However, in none of
    those browsers does any of the text disappear behind images. Some of
    the text in the side columns expands to the point where it exceeds the
    width of the containing div and is not visible. Here's a screen shot:

    http://edmullen.net/temp/Image2.jpg

    The page actually scales fairly well compared to a lot of sites out there.

    Can you take a screen capture of what you're seeing and post a link to
    it here?

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net