    one window be zoomed without zooming all of the other Windows? I'd
    rather just close the window, instead of having to zoom out after
    zooming in. Thanks.

    John Doe, Sep 28, 2008

  2. John Doe

    Rom Guest

    On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 04:43:32 GMT, John Doe wrote:

    > Unlike Internet Explorer 6, apparently Firefox 3 can zoom pictures at
    > the same time it zooms text. Here, I usually open the picture in a new
    > window. It's no big deal, but can the picture window be zoomed without
    > automatically zooming all of the other Windows at the same time? Can
    > one window be zoomed without zooming all of the other Windows? I'd
    > rather just close the window, instead of having to zoom out after
    > zooming in. Thanks.

    Zooming is site specific by default.
    See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.zoom.siteSpecific>,
    and try it by changing the pref to false in about:config
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config>.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Sep 29, 2008

  3. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    Rom <> wrote:

    > Zooming is site specific by default.
    > See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.zoom.siteSpecific>,
    > and try it by changing the pref to false in about:config
    > <http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config>.

    That works here.

    John Doe, Sep 29, 2008
  4. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    I was talking about stopping pop-up windows from changing the main
    window zoom setting.

    I think this is how it goes...

    Enter this in your browser address bar.

    about:config

    Then make sure this setting is True.

    browser.zoom.siteSpecific

    Also, if you don't want pop-up windows to change the zoom of the
    main window, like when you are looking at a picture that you want
    magnified more than usual, make sure this setting is False.

    browser.zoom.updateBackgroundTabs

    John Doe, Mar 15, 2012